test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space Combat Map DPS/Ship data bug.

galacticgoogalacticgoo Member Posts: 61 Arc User
Aside from the SNR’s caused by respecing (also occurs on Holodeck) I discovered.

I’ve been seeing weird dps swings between 49k and 77k on the Space Combat Map. Today I finally caught the bug. Yesterday my test ship was doing around 77k consistently. This morning when I logged on it was doing 49k. I switched over to the Cryoplasma Warp Core from the Iconion Hyper Injection Core. Reran my test, towards the 5min mark I saw the bug. There was a icon that said “Weapon Hot Restart Disabled”. Should not see this 5min into a test with a Cryoplasma core. From other weird behavior from testing I’m doing it appears the ship data is not cleared out (zeroed out) and replaced with the new ship data. It’s almost like a blend with old data from the previous ship/data and the new ship/data. Or the data is being corrupted somehow.

Testing methodology. I’m using the STO combat meter because of its more detailed results. I make changes to the ship on Drozana and then enter the Space Combat Map. I set the difficulty to Advanced, select 3 test dummies, turn their shields on, turn their weapons on and start the test. I let it run for 5 minutes. I use 2 macros and an automated keyboard to run them which should give consistent results. Same key presses, in the same order per test. Before starting a test I wait for everything to come off cooldown.

Note, never had this problem running Foundry Test Missions on Holodeck back when we had that option.

Is there a work around to force the data to be cleared and repopulated only with the current ship data? Logging off, changing maps, changing characters doesn’t seem to do it.