test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help tweaking MW multi mission (warship) intrepid

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
no template on STO ACademy, sooo.

FltAdm Sci career traits: Astrophysicist, Kinetic Precision, Beam Training, Warp Theorist, Projectile training, Operative, Conservation of Energy, Photonic Capacitor, Particle manipulator.
Ship traits, Emitter Synergy, AHOD, Desperate Repairs, Improved Temporal Insight Space Rep Emergency Sec Shielding, Energy Refreq, Aux pwr Config, Chrono-Capacitor Array Only pertinent rep Anit-time entanglement singularity

USS Trident Legendary Miracle Worker Multi-Mission Science Vessel (warship Voyager)
Fore Weapons UR MK XV Gravimetric Torp, UR MK XV PEP, UR MK XV Quantum Phase Beam
Aft Weapons VR MK XIV Neutronic torp, UR MK XV Thoron Infused Polaron Beam, VR MK XV Trilithium phaser Omni

Devices, Red Matter Capacitor, Kobyashi Maru, Delta Flight

UR MK XIV Quantum Phase console, Epic Delphic Tear, Epic Retrofit Assimilator, Epic Boronite Laced Weaponry, VR MK XIV Bio-neural gel pack,
Eric MK XV Exotic particle field gen [ResA], Epic MK XV Bellum Particle Generator X 4 Epic MK XV Phaser relay X2 Delta flier hangar
Original plan was to have the quantum Phase torpedo to enable the quantum Destabilizing beam. May still do that instead of the PEP, will need to do some parsing. The Polaron array neutron torp and Gel pak enable the Iso Cannon. The assimilator is a fun little toy to help reduce the bad guys. worked pretty well on the cruisers and dreads in the pahlvo defense. Delphic tear is a good approach attacker.

Boffs LT Uni(tac) TT1, BOL2, Tac LT BFAW1, TS2. ENG LCDR EPTS1, ET2,A2SIF2 Sci LT HE1, ST2 Sci CDR Tac Bm 1,CPB1, Subspace Vortex3, GW3
Doffs
Projectile (reduce recharge) Projectile (Gain shield pwr when using Torp) Conn (Recharge TT) Gravimetric (aftershock) Gravimetric (Knock eng offline)

I do not have access to fleet anything.

suggestions requested.

Spock.jpg

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Trying to envision the build since i don't have time to throw a skillplanner together.

A couple of things: unless they fixed it Boronite isn't really that useful and you better off getting the dyson 3-piece.
    The dyson proton weapon activates on both BFAW and CSV so it is especially useful on MW ships.

When in Rome.. try various MW powers
    My favorites with a GW build:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Mixed_Armaments_Synergy
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Destabilize_Warp_Core

You can opt for a Photonic officer instead of CPB1 to reduce cool down.
    If there is a skillplanner available then perhaps some other suggestions may pop up.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Have you considered going all polaron and using the Chronometric Calculations Set set 3 piece from Time and Tide (tactical console, beam array, and omni) in place of your phaser pieces? Conversely the quantum phase torpedo is quite nice for stripping shields and you could go all phaser instead of mixing the two energy types. The chronometric set bonuses might be better for exotic damage though...

If it were me I might try and find a way to fit in a second copy of torpedo spread into a tac boff slot as well as destabilized resonance beam into one of your science slots (perhaps in place of science team).

Have found this ship to be a bit of a son of a gun to set up but it ends up being a decent and very tanky exotic / torp boat. I'm not sure if there's enough tactical boff slots to support both energy damage and exotic /torp though.
  • Options
    It would be really interesting to hear how others have set up this ship or would consider setting it up.

It's got room for lots of science consoles but the boff layout and specialty seats suggest there's likely many different ways to go with things.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I have mine set up for a hybrid energy/grav well epg damage build to try and be 'Warship Voyager'. It works, but without fleet gear, that kind of build is really not nearly as effective as it could be. I haven't spent a lot of time optimizing it though, so I'm sure it could be better in itself. I may also change the science focus to a more debuffing role because that is a lot easier to do than a grav well in a hybrid build. Unfortunately I can't really share what I have without being in game to check either.

The question I'd ask, though, is what do you want to do with the ship? You need to figure out what you want it to be able to do best, then its easier to work from there.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    protoneous wrote: »
    It would be really interesting to hear how others have set up this ship or would consider setting it up.

It's got room for lots of science consoles but the boff layout and specialty seats suggest there's likely many different ways to go with things.

I saw one on reddit that was pure gunship, no exotic at all. I borrowed a lot of what I'm doing from some guy that built the lukari dorito out.
    I'd still like the quantum 3 pc but can't justify it over the PEP. what I'm looking for here is a GW boat that not only will draw and hold for torps but will tear them up by itself. works pretty good in the Dyson BZ maybe the 3 pc polaron would work out. I also see I forgot the core setup using the VR MK XV CC deflector, UR MK XV inhibiting sec def, CtrlX, Drain X EPG SA +DMG, Adapted MACO Eng+ shield both MK XV UR (2 pc torp bonus) Temporal Def warp core MK XIII [Amp]. I see online re-engineer the Bajor deflector but I do not seem to be able to..

OK replaced the deflector with the Bajor, epic XV CrtlX/EPG CtrlX EPGx3 replaced the boron console for the temporal shielded data core.I could put in a part gen and gain another 13 or so on EPG but lose 23 on control. OR I could add a console that adds to science readiness and shorten cooldowns. replaced the PEP for the quantum phase, dumped CPB for the destabilizing resonance beam i current ctrl is 225, drain 202 EPG 474
    Post edited by vetteguy904 on
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @westmetals said:
    > Here's my setup... it does use some fleet gear (so there's that, compared to the original poster), but only for five consoles, and one of those could be replaced with the Temporally Shielded Datacore... and the secdef, three BOFFs, and a captain trait.
    >
    > I left out the quality/mark of all the items for clutter reasons but they are all epic XV.
    >
    > The Control=380 is because the Temporal rep 3pc activated ability gives me a triggered +20 Control, which allows me to get to Control=400... which produces maximum range on Gravity Well.
    >
    > On an earlier version of this build (on the Fleet hull) I used to run the Ferrofluid console (and thus the 2pc Terran rep bonus) but removed it to make room for the current universals.
    >
    > I can see the potential for a Neutronic & GelPac variant, possibly replacing the Terran torp (which is really only there for legacy reasons at this point anyway).
    >
    > Legendary LRSV (Intrepid) (590 EPG, 380 Control, 189 Drain)....
    >
    > Deflector: Bajor Defense [CtrlX/EPG] [EPG]x4 (+53.1 EPG, +42.5 Control, +31.9 Drain)
    > SecDef: Strategic Deteriorating [CtrlX/EPG] [CtrlX]x2 [EPG] [+SA Dmg] (+42.4 Control, +26.5 EPG)
    > Impulse/Warp/Shield: 3pc Temporal Reputation set (+25% DoT/Hazard damage, activatable +20 Control, +20 Drain set bonus; shield has +31.9 Drain)
    >
    > Forward weapons: Gravimetric, Terran, Particle Emission Plasma torpedoes.
    > Aft weapons: Dyson Proton Weapon and 2 weapons from Chronometric set (all basically to get set bonuses).
    >
    > Consoles:
    > Science (including Universal slot):
    > Exotic Particle Field Exciter [EPG] (+78.8 EPG, +26.2% shield capacity)
    > 5x Restorative Particle Focuser [CtrlX][EPG] (+39.4 EPG, +26.3 Control each)
    > Eng: Conductive RCS Accelerator [CtrlX] (+39.4 Control, +52.5% turn rate)
    > Tac: Chronometric Capacitor (+39.4 EPG)
    > Universal (in Tac and 3xEng slots): Constriction Anchor (+25.3% Bonus Exotic Damage), Delphic Tear Generator (+20% Bonus Exotic Damage), Retrofitted Assimilator (+30 EPG, +30 Control), Auxiliary Ejection Assembly (+19% Bonus Exotic Damage)
    >
    > One BOFF has the "K-13 Survivor Science" trait (+10 Control, +10 Drain) (The others, in case of curiosity, are 2 SRO tacs, a Nausicaan Engineer, and the Hierarchy Science, but none of these have science stats.)
    >
    > Captain traits include: Conservation of Energy, Context is for Kings, Enlightened (+15% Exotic Damage, +15% Hull Regen), Fleet Coordinator, Kinetic Precision, Particle Manipulator, Psychological Warfare, Repair Crews, Superior Astrophysicist (+15 EPG, +15 Drain)
    >
    > Starship Traits: History Will Remember, Honored Dead, Imp. Gravity Well, Spore Infused Anomalies, Temporal Anchor
    >
    > Space Rep Traits: Advanced Engines, Aux Power Defense, Aux Power Offense, Particle Generator Amplifier, Precision
    >
    > DOFFs: "Amsoti" (chance for gravity well victims to have engines knocked offline), "Elder Malik'itan" (Gamma recruit reward, +10% All Damage), "Agent Nerul" (Delta Ops pack, restores hull when firing weapons w/ AP Beta), an aftershock gravity well DOFF, and 2 torpedo cooldown DOFFs
    >
    > Specs: Temporal/Command (both maxed)
    >
    > Set bonuses: 2pc Dyson rep, 3pc Chronometric, 3pc Temporal rep gearset
    >
    > Skills:
    > Lt - one point each in all the eng and sci skills, 3 pts each in tac
    > LtCmdr - everything except Full Impulse and Drain Infection
    > Cmdr - Hull Plating, Imp. Weapon Specialization
    > Capt - Aux Subsystem, Adv. Exotic Particle, Adv. Long Range Targeting
    > Adm - Adv Sci Readiness, Adv Tac Readiness, all the Coordination Protocols
    >
    > BOFF skills:
    > Lt Tac: TacTeam, APBeta
    > Lt Uni (as Tac): Kemocite, TorpSpread2
    > LtC Eng/Pilot: EngTeam, HoldTogether, CleanGetaway2
    > Lt Sci: SciTeam, TachBeam2
    > Cmdr Sci/MW: Polarize, HazardEmit2, DRBeam2, GW3

Wow loads of magical debauchery going on there 👍👍👍

> @protoneous said:
    > It would be really interesting to hear how others have set up this ship or would consider setting it up.
    >
    > It's got room for lots of science consoles but the boff layout and specialty seats suggest there's likely many different ways to go with things.

You're right it's such a malleable little warship. I like to add loads of drain to it, mines galore, kinetics. I like to give my science ships a well roundedness that takes into account enough dps to get you to 150k+, but without going into your typical run of the mill builds that just stack EPG and control for one function.

300 EPG, 360 control, 400 drains

I go for:
    GW3, tykens 2, ssv2 that work with spore infused anomalies, imp. Gw.
    Drb1, structural analysis 2, he1, st1 for that extra stacking of drains. Doff gravimetric sci.

Ahod to keep you captain and science abilities on near global. Chronometric cap and bioneural gel packs and miracle worker ability keeps up non sci boff skills.

Torp spread 2, kemo 1. Epte 1, epts2, reinforcement squadrons 2. These last 40 seconds, special benefits from epgs, they're like adding a second hangar bay.

This results in a blob of targets with dead engines, shields and weapons, ensuring that you survive your attack, and support the following.

These unshielded targets are hit by modulating, black ops and inhibiting mines, generating -25 kin/phys res with resonating. Gravimetric and neutronic torpedoes, and boff and delta flyer pets. Because space barbie.

Temp ops primary
    Constable secondary

130k hull, 35k shields
    Max shield power and max resistance

It functions as a super powered double hangar bay carrier with aces in every sleeve. My fave ship currently
  • Options

I saw one on reddit that was pure gunship, no exotic at all. I borrowed a lot of what I'm doing from some guy that built the lukari dorito out.

I'm not surprised that one was pure gunship given the variety of boff seats available. It's hard to ignore all those science console slots though. Thanks so much for making this thread.
    I'd still like the quantum 3 pc but can't justify it over the PEP. what I'm looking for here is a GW boat that not only will draw and hold for torps but will tear them up by itself. works pretty good in the Dyson BZ maybe the 3 pc polaron would work out.

Am using the gravimetric, PEP, and neutronic torpedo's myself along with the chronometric calculations mission set. Wondering if the quantum phase torp could be used in part with another phaser set like the Discovery rep Lorca's Ambition set? That QP torp get's insane at higher drain levels.

I have no idea if squeezing in a copy of Mixed Armaments Synergy would be worthwhile or appropriate to buff torp damage further.
    I also see I forgot the core setup using the VR MK XV CC deflector, UR MK XV inhibiting sec def, CtrlX, Drain X EPG SA +DMG, Adapted MACO Eng+ shield both MK XV UR (2 pc torp bonus) Temporal Def warp core MK XIII [Amp]. I see online re-engineer the Bajor deflector but I do not seem to be able to..

I've used the same 2 pc Adapted MACO, CC deflector and Temporal Defense core. It seems to work very well. Am currently using the re-engineered Bajoran deflector, 2 piece Temporal, with an Iconian shield but have used the Temporal shield as well. Am unsure what pieces would provide an 'optimal' balance of buffing torpedo damage versus adding more exotics. Captain's choice here perhaps with different people balancing their builds in different ways?
    redwren89 wrote: »

I like to add loads of drain to it, mines galore, kinetics. I like to give my science ships a well roundedness that takes into account enough dps to get you to 150k+, but without going into your typical run of the mill builds that just stack EPG and control for one function.

I go for:

<build posted above>

This results in a blob of targets with dead engines, shields and weapons, ensuring that you survive your attack, and support the following.

These unshielded targets are hit by modulating, black ops and inhibiting mines, generating -25 kin/phys res with resonating. Gravimetric and neutronic torpedoes, and boff and delta flyer pets. Because space barbie.

Temp ops primary
    Constable secondary

130k hull, 35k shields

It functions as a super powered double hangar bay carrier with aces in every sleeve. My fave ship currently

A blob of targets with dead engines, shields, and weapons... ^^ :smile: Thanks for taking the time to post your build. Your approach is unique. I'm going to try Reinforcements squadron.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Here's my setup... it does use some fleet gear (so there's that, compared to the original poster), but only for five consoles, and one of those could be replaced with the Temporally Shielded Datacore... and the secdef, three BOFFs, and a captain trait.

I left out the quality/mark of all the items for clutter reasons but they are all epic XV.

The Control=380 is because the Temporal rep 3pc activated ability gives me a triggered +20 Control, which allows me to get to Control=400... which produces maximum range on Gravity Well.

On an earlier version of this build (on the Fleet hull) I used to run the Ferrofluid console (and thus the 2pc Terran rep bonus) but removed it to make room for the current universals.

I can see the potential for a Neutronic & GelPac variant, possibly replacing the Terran torp (which is really only there for legacy reasons at this point anyway).

<build posted above>

Thanks for going into such detail!
    BOFF skills:
    Lt Tac: TacTeam, APBeta
    Lt Uni (as Tac): Kemocite, TorpSpread2

I think you suggested the tac boff layout I was looking for if room for 2x torp cool down doffs.

Could you elaborate on firing 3 forward torps as I've seen the combo you're using used by others, as well as other combos of torps (i.e. if I move my Neutronic torp forward).

Is the idea to shoot a torpedo spread whenever possible (perhaps for the torps that have a secondary effect) and then single fire the Terran? I've never (properly) flown a ship with 3 or more forward torps.
  • Options
    Well I looked over my build and it isn't going to be much help if you want to go heavy on torps and grav well as your primary damage.

What I will say is that looking over your build, you have too much beam stuff, like BO and FAW for a ship that has 3 beams and probably can't run full power to weapons, nor do you have EPTW, so their damage is pretty meager at best. I'm not sure there is a reason to keep the quantum phase set. It doesn't suit a control/epg build, and the torpedo is a better thing for a drain build. The delta rep set you can keep, as if you go for a torpedo build you can't do a lot with the back slots, and the neutronic is a big hitter for when you turn around.

I think you'd be better off with the dyson 3 piece at this point, because I'd go full 3 forward torpedoes, and replace the quantum phase set with 2 piece Terran rep torpedo and console, then get rid of the omni for the proton weapon. Then you want a mix of control and epg consoles to augment your grav well to your tastes, and without fleet gear, that's hard to do, but the assimilator and boronite console are definitely helpful lacking fleet gear. Obviously use a conductive RCS and exotic particle exciter console with EPG or ctrlx mods if you can afford. At this point of course, you can dump your phaser consoles, and maybe move your universal consoles there, or use torpedo consoles.

But with a full on torpedo build, you really must have 3 proj doffs with torpedo cooldown, and that will give you a good shot at a constant stream of torpedoes. You can farm B'tran cluster for purples, Law from the Nimbus chain, and as a Fed I think you can get one from commendation tiers at the academy.

Now BOFFs I'd setup like this.
    Tac: TT/TS2
    Eng: ET1/RSP1/A2SIF2
    Com Sci: polarize hull1/destabilize warp core 2/SSV3/GW3

The LT sci you could keep the same, if you wanted to use the uni LT as a sci too, and the LT uni I'd put in photonic officer 1 and maybe transfer shield strength 1. Alternatively, you could double up on your tac boff again, and use another TT and TS2 to ensure both have minimum CD, as I don't know if you have other options to get them there.

For ship traits, I don't know why you're not using temporal anchor, I'd replace desperate repairs. Also checkmate could work well replacing temporal insight, but I'd only slot checkmate if you also slot and use tractor beam regularly to keep it up more often, because with just GW alone it isn't really worth it.

Those are my thoughts.
  • Options

I'm not surprised that one was pure gunship given the variety of boff seats available. It's hard to ignore all those science console slots though. Thanks so much for making this thread.
    I'd still like the quantum 3 pc but can't justify it over the PEP. what I'm looking for here is a GW boat that not only will draw and hold for torps but will tear them up by itself. works pretty good in the Dyson BZ maybe the 3 pc polaron would work out.

Am using the gravimetric, PEP, and neutronic torpedo's myself along with the chronometric calculations mission set. Wondering if the quantum phase torp could be used in part with another phaser set like the Discovery rep Lorca's Ambition set? That QP torp get's insane at higher drain levels.

I have no idea if squeezing in a copy of Mixed Armaments Synergy would be worthwhile or appropriate to buff torp damage further.
    I also see I forgot the core setup using the VR MK XV CC deflector, UR MK XV inhibiting sec def, CtrlX, Drain X EPG SA +DMG, Adapted MACO Eng+ shield both MK XV UR (2 pc torp bonus) Temporal Def warp core MK XIII [Amp]. I see online re-engineer the Bajor deflector but I do not seem to be able to..

I've used the same 2 pc Adapted MACO, CC deflector and Temporal Defense core. It seems to work very well. Am currently using the re-engineered Bajoran deflector, 2 piece Temporal, with an Iconian shield but have used the Temporal shield as well. Am unsure what pieces would provide an 'optimal' balance of buffing torpedo damage versus adding more exotics. Captain's choice here perhaps with different people balancing their builds in different ways?
    redwren89 wrote: »

I like to add loads of drain to it, mines galore, kinetics. I like to give my science ships a well roundedness that takes into account enough dps to get you to 150k+, but without going into your typical run of the mill builds that just stack EPG and control for one function.

I go for:

<build posted above>

Temp ops primary
    Constable secondary

130k hull, 35k shields

A blob of targets with dead engines, shields, and weapons... ^^ :smile: Thanks for taking the time to post your build. Your approach is unique. I'm going to try Reinforcements squadron.
    Here's my setup... it does use some fleet gear (so there's that, compared to the original poster), but only for five consoles, and one of those could be replaced with the Temporally Shielded Datacore... and the secdef, three BOFFs, and a captain trait.

I left out the quality/mark of all the items for clutter reasons but they are all epic XV.

The Control=380 is because the Temporal rep 3pc activated ability gives me a triggered +20 Control, which allows me to get to Control=400... which produces maximum range on Gravity Well.

On an earlier version of this build (on the Fleet hull) I used to run the Ferrofluid console (and thus the 2pc Terran rep bonus) but removed it to make room for the current universals.

I can see the potential for a Neutronic & GelPac variant, possibly replacing the Terran torp (which is really only there for legacy reasons at this point anyway).

<build posted above>

Thanks for going into such detail!
    BOFF skills:
    Lt Tac: TacTeam, APBeta
    Lt Uni (as Tac): Kemocite, TorpSpread2

I think you suggested the tac boff layout I was looking for if room for 2x torp cool down doffs.

Could you elaborate on firing 3 forward torps as I've seen the combo you're using used by others, as well as other combos of torps (i.e. if I move my Neutronic torp forward).

Is the idea to shoot a torpedo spread whenever possible (perhaps for the torps that have a secondary effect) and then single fire the Terran? I've never (properly) flown a ship with 3 or more forward torps.

I basically run on autofire and hit spread as often as possible and let the chips fall where they may.

With the global cooldown you have a forced lag between torpedoes firing and depending on the torpedo DOFFs triggering or not, the Gravimetric (as I have that in the first slot) fires about half the time and the PEP a lot as well. The Terran only fires maybe... I'd say 1/8th of the time? It's mostly only still there because I couldn't think of anything else to put there (when I removed the Ferrofluid).

To expand on what westmetals wrote, autofire is how I run my torp boats too. With autofire, you want to make sure you have the autofire setup to fire in the order you want, though. They will fire in the order you activate the autofire on the weaponslots. Torps with the shared cooldown work a lot differently than energy weapons. With Proj doffs, every torpedo fire has a chance to trigger the doffs, so it means the primary torpedo is going to fire most often when autofire is on.

Some examples, with a Grav, PEP, and Terran rep torp, if you have 3 purple proj doffs, and your firing order is in the order I listed them:

Grav torp fires and at least 2 doffs fire. Thats 10-15s off CD, and after the shared torpedo CD, it fires again.
    Grav torp fires and no doffs fire. No CD reduction, so it goes to the PEP after the shared CD. When PEP fires, the doffs check again. If at least 2 fire, then the next torp will be Grav torp again. If only 1 fires you should see the Terran torp fire.
    Once you're down to the Terran torp, it fires and you have another chance to fire all 3 doffs. If any of them do, its -5s which should put the Grav just about ready to fire again and go through the sequence again.

If none of the doffs fire after all your torps, well you basically won the bad lottery. And that can and does happen. I've seen it rarely on my 4 torp boats, but is so rare with 3 doffs you don't need to care about it. Typically you'll see the first 2 torpedoes fire frequently, with the third sometimes firing, and if you had a 4th it almost never fires which is what westmetals described.

However as you can imagine, and especially with the ferrofluid console, manually firing them to try and manage which torp gets your torp spreads is likely going to sacrifice a lot of damage output from just letting them autofire as fast as possible. What you can do, however, is to deselect your target when torp spread is ready, then use TS and start the torps firing again when you want. That should help ensure you get the spread on the torpedo you want, as long as it is off CD.
  • Options

For ship traits, I don't know why you're not using temporal anchor, I'd replace desperate repairs. Also checkmate could work well replacing temporal insight, but I'd only slot checkmate if you also slot and use tractor beam regularly to keep it up more often, because with just GW alone it isn't really worth it.

Those are my thoughts.

I have not done the grind on the Glenn yet.. so no temporal anchor and I purposely did not use checkmate because I'm not running tractors. thanks for the heads up on the temporal anchor. I have not even downloaded the Glenn to a toon yet.
    Spock.jpg