test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TFO Suggestion: show who completes objectives

Things like closing portals and hauling assault teams in counterpoint.
Or bringing particles to jupiter in gravity kills.

I know not every mission has objectives that can easily be counted, but seeing who did the work may encourage people to actually pay attention to the objectives in missions where its not a kill fest (I enjoy kill fest missions, too).

I put this suggestion on reddit, but they've got some screwed up mods.
Not that it'll get seen much here.

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    Well if showed such things to the team it would open up a very easy avenue for abuse and bullying. It's always the problem with announcements like this, people can be unbelivebly cruel and selfish and giving people more ammo to abuse others to boost their own ego is an absolute no for me.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    It's also not difficult to spot the real issue in TFOs: the players who try to do as little as possible and still get the reward. We don't need something like this to muddy an already obvious issue.
  • Options
    grancommesgrancommes Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    qqqqii wrote: »
    It's also not difficult to spot the real issue in TFOs: the players who try to do as little as possible and still get the reward. We don't need something like this to muddy an already obvious issue.

something like this would "muddy an already obvious issue"?
    I don't follow you.
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Well if showed such things to the team it would open up a very easy avenue for abuse and bullying. It's always the problem with announcements like this, people can be unbelivebly cruel and selfish and giving people more ammo to abuse others to boost their own ego is an absolute no for me.

I'd prefer it if teammates actually pursued the objectives.
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »

abuse and bullying... I'm curious about that. Is it something you get in TFO's often?
    I've been playing for a few years now, and I've had abuse/bullying directed at me two times. Once when I was poorly geared (playing in a normal TFO). A second time by a player that didn't know what they were doing and was trying to complain about my play.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    wrong thread.