test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it possible to play as a Gorn but with a Federation-style ship?

graelthrimmgraelthrimm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
So I really wanna play as a Gorn but I'm in love with the federation style of ship. Will Starfleet ever accept Gorn applicants to the academy? Alternatively, are there any federation-styled vessels you can obtain throughout a Gorn playthrough? Cross-faction ships that are maybe a little enterprise-ish?

Answers

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    The closed thing I can think of is the Alliance Battlecruiser.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

That pretty much is it, apart from the timeships but those look nothing like the typical Starfleet design philosophy. there really isn't any ships that follow the design philosophy of either of the 2 major factions that's also avaible to the other.

At the moment only species in the base KDF roster that are also avaible to FED are the klingons themselves. You might seen what look like Orions in ESD but those are alien gen and won't have access to orion specific traits or outfits.
  • Options
    graelthrimmgraelthrimm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    garaffe wrote: »

That pretty much is it, apart from the timeships but those look nothing like the typical Starfleet design philosophy. there really isn't any ships that follow the design philosophy of either of the 2 major factions that's also avaible to the other.

At the moment only species in the base KDF roster that are also avaible to FED are the klingons themselves. You might seen what look like Orions in ESD but those are alien gen and won't have access to orion specific traits or outfits.

I had a look at the Alliance Battlecruiser, it does look pretty badass and from what I can tell it's about as close as a KDF faction toon is gonna get to helming a Federation ship.

It's cool that you can play a Federation Klingon, but I do hope some day Gorn get to do the same. Either way, thanks for the info!