test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Console Idea/suggestion

saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
So, I had this in my head a few years ago or so. and it just popped back up...

So, in numerous shows/episodes they add a new subsystem modifications to do something new. Seven's charging bays, the new astrophysics lab, or smaller abilities... They where always good with improvising something new into the ships subsystem.

The idea is "Subsystem Interlink", I can't think of a better name... It's a way to add another console or two, but with higher diminishing returns. or more subsystem power requirements to power them closer to full strength.

So, it's a console item, that lets you place a console in it, but also add's 1 or 2 extra consoles.

sPS0BVZ.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Like in No Man's Sky? -- You're talking "synergistics", beyond just sets. Yeah, it'd be helpful to have a graphical representation of harmonic elements. This sorta thing can get quite complicated too.
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Like in No Man's Sky? -- You're talking "synergistics", beyond just sets. Yeah, it'd be helpful to have a graphical representation of harmonic elements. This sorta thing can get quite complicated too.

I'm not sure, that is one of many games I still haven't gotten to play.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    ^ besides those:
    - Fleet research lab consoles offer control + EPG, etc.
    - A few episode reward consoles double up
    - some reputation consoles multitask even before the set bonus

It would be a lot more work to offer a console that can hold any random other console or two inside of it though. The ones Cryptic builds have built-in attributes attached to them, just with more attributes than most crafted consoles.

Maybe the idea would work if you destroyed the original consoles in order to fuse them with a synergy console?

synergy + neutronium = first synergy slot consumed, neutronium destroyed, synergy gets 90% strength values of the neutronium console's attributes

above synergy + neutronium #2 = second synergy slot consumed, neutronium destroyed, synergy gets 80% strength values of the neutronium console's attributes

At that point the synergy console values are fixed and it can not fuse with any new consoles.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    ^ besides those:
    - A few episode reward consoles double up
    - some reputation consoles multitask even before the set bonus

True, although in most cases, those are significantly (more than 20%) reduced from each being the effect of a whole console.

For example the Counter-Command Tactical console's +Phaser and +Disruptor effects are (less than?) 50% of what you would get from a standalone Phaser Relay or Disruptor Coil.

Well the CCT console also has far more significant +photon and +radiation damage, not just phaser and disruptor. That radiation boost makes it a lot more interesting now that there are more radiation damage sources, especially the soliton wave impeller.

I like the idea, and honestly, when you look at fleet consoles, this is kinda already in game....unless you're not in a fleet. That's why I have to say its a really worthwhile idea, but how it is implemented is the big thing. I think dave's build your own console idea is probably the best way to do it, as there may be much bigger problems dynamically adding console slots to a ship.
  • saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I wish I could like your posts "LIKE" lol, I see what y'all are saying about fleet consoles already being 2 consoles in one. and I like the idea of a build your own console, made me think of the melee weapons in warframe, you buy or find components, to assemble, like the fist contact model rocket, only game wide hunt for components. and to monetize it, they could require a fleet ship module to build it, since it's a ship console.

I am seeing more and more consoles with multiple combined consoles, the rep Console - Tactical - Auto Targeting Module, + random energy type dmg, + accuracy, and + proton dmg, I don't think they get as high on states as the fleet or singular trait consoles, but I see it.
This discussion has been closed.