test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Greying Out Inventory Should be Optional

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
I'm sure there are people who thought of Greying Out items in the Inventory/Banks when Characters or BOffs are selected in the Character Status UI was a great idea.

So great an idea that it had to be spread to when the ship is selected.

It's really one person's feature is another person's bug.

The graying is more like darkening to the point of having eye strain to see what items are what (esp. when seeing the optometrist is not an option these days) is not a feature.

Items that are don't fit into neither ship nor character slots should not be darkened in the first place, such as Combat/Noncombat Pets, Elite Reputation Marks, Regenerators/Components, etc. It's really excessive, and pain when trying to sort/clean your inventory when the Character Status UI is on. I'm sure that the 360 degree Tactical ship weapons being darkened even when the Ship is selected will be fixed.

Turning off the Character Status UI to be able to see your full personal/bank inventory is lousy solution. Trying to remember which character needs what when the Character Status UI is closed in order to see your full inventory is frustrating.

There should be an option that would allow us to select/unselect this 'feature', as part of the inventory filters. Before the filters, I would have suggested the Options UI, but if that was to happen, it would be buried away and hard to find.