test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Account Wide Refinement Cap

Instead of having this 8k Per day Per Character Refinement cap on Dillithium, please make changes to it being "x" refinement per day account wide like in Neverwinter. I'd greatly prefer actually playing for hours on a few alts and getting to my Refinement cap then spending half the time reloging to other alts and playing less in my time just to cap every character on my account to get to the Refinement cap. Not being forced to Relog all the time for due to the Per Character refinement cap would be a big QoL improvement that would make the game more enjoyable as instead of spending an hour a day reloging, that time could be spent actually playing the game for the same reward.

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    They just automatically close these even though their stance on that dilithium exchange is complete rhetorical. So just some accurate numbers nothing too far fetched I can take 25 characters a day and get their refinement done so that is 200k dilithium per day earned which they say is fine and dandy. However if I were able to just refine 100k a day for the account that is unacceptable and would just dilute the exchange. So their logic dictates I can get twice the amount one way but if I get only half of that it is game breaking and would destroy the economy.

Plus their stance on this also devalues the whole upgrading process and dilithium demand for it. When characters you are upgrading aren't played because you've got enough to wait a whole year for it to refine. Next I am waiting for them to make an excuse that cbs has vetoed this when they really don't care what they do with the game as long as they get their money.

So make sure you grind up 300k dilithium a day because its totally not as bad as 100k a day :P lol
    It is also why there game is dead
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    The reason they let you do it on 25 characters is because nobody can realistically keep that up forever. It becomes like a second job having to try and make sure you refine on every single character that isn't your main. Eventually you start to grow tired of it and you don't bother doing it excessively.

If you could just refine 100k a day on your entire account on one character. Then it would be far too easy. Coldnapalm is right. You will end up regretting it because they will make the account cap so low compared to what it already was just because you don't want to bother switching between characters when you feel like upgrading a new character or whatever you decide to spend it on.

It won't make the grind easier. They will then increase the prices on everything and limit your entire account to something like 24k a day.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    The reason they let you do it on 25 characters is because nobody can realistically keep that up forever. It becomes like a second job having to try and make sure you refine on every single character that isn't your main. Eventually you start to grow tired of it and you don't bother doing it excessively.

If you could just refine 100k a day on your entire account on one character. Then it would be far too easy. Coldnapalm is right. You will end up regretting it because they will make the account cap so low compared to what it already was just because you don't want to bother switching between characters when you feel like upgrading a new character or whatever you decide to spend it on.

It won't make the grind easier. They will then increase the prices on everything and limit your entire account to something like 24k a day.

The problem is I could detail exactly how it can be easily done but its the same problem with the voth ground battlezone why people spawn camp and rush to kill the trex's when they destroy the opportunity to get 20k dilithium per run when they rush them. The whole admiralty thing with the bonus is you get 30k and you get 30k more for your bonus however most people completely disregard the concept of being rewarded for each one of those territories which over 3 runs nets you around 15k dilithium for a total of 75k unrefined dilithium when you use up that bonus.

So 75k dilithium takes you around 9 days which is roughly how long it takes to get the bonus back again. So its quite easy to get the klingon and ferrengi bonus's during that time which I've tested it and able to completely gear up characters through one ship pack and upgraded weaponry and consoles for that ship just out of what is made in a 10 day period doing this. Its just the spawn campers make it incredibly difficult to do this and if cryptic could possibly kill them err show them the light would be great.

So I can do this and keep this up indefinitely its just I want to kill every spawn camper I see when I am doing it plus the whole aspect of a *main* character in this game is rhetorical at best being that of these 25 characters none of them are weak they can handle anything on advanced space or ground and a lot of them are even elite worthy. It is all about how you manage things and the only hard part is dealing with stupid people who get in your way lol :D
  • atlantis#9395 atlantis Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    NW died for another reason, unrelated to the refinement cap change.. infact that change is what kinda kept it afloat for a while... no the issue in NW is that the endgame is TRIBBLE because they change half the game every season soo much it's like constant Delta Rising in there and it aint cheap.. you have to invest 100s of USD to get anywhere in NW every single season or like months of your time grinding and in NW the progession curve goes flat the moment you hit il cca 20k, but here that stuff doesn't matter as much.
  • justing#8867 justing Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I feel like it's time to increase our refinement cap from 8k to 10 k at least, I mean like in these past few months, the exchange went from 380 dillithium per Zen to almost 500 dillithium per Zen. In order to compensate for dillithium drastically decreasing in worth, they need to increase the amount we can refine.
  • parheeparhee Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Wait, what? Your solution to something decreasing in value is to increase the supply?

Anyhow, making the cap account-based is a bad idea; a) as mentioned above having it character based makes it more effort to refine large quantities, after keeping it up on many chars at point people will just go 'meh' and limit it to just a few; and b) having it char based means those chars also need more gear to gather the dilithium which means more dil needed on char (upgrades are a big part of dilithium demand) and potentially more sales (for ships etc, because most are char-bound).

TLDR: making it account-wide will just make dil-prices even worse because more supply and less demand
  • justing#8867 justing Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I get your point, not a good solution... but in the past, it would take me 5 days for enough dillithium for 125 Zen, now it takes me 8 days for enough dillithium. We can't just leave things as it is... if increasing the supply won't help, what will?
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,714 Community Moderator
    away with ye zombiness (white lantern ring blast)
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.