test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More New Items in Mudd's Market!

2»

Comments

• paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Updated my post for ya. -- I'm happy with my purchase. It's a great package exactly as I wanted it. Can't ask for more than that!

For those that don''t quite understand Mudd's market? -- It's not rarity that qualifies the items in there. Every, single, item in that section is OP af. Some, game breaking.

Of course, you have to work out how yourself.
    XBOX One GT: Paladinrja
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Updated my post for ya. -- I'm happy with my purchase. It's a great package exactly as I wanted it. Can't ask for more than that!

For those that don''t quite understand Mudd's market? -- It's not rarity that qualifies the items in there. Every, single, item in that section is OP af. Some, game breaking.

If by "OP" you mean OverPriced then yes because nothing is overpowered and nothing is really worth the price. Over 6k zen for 1 subpar cruiser is a friggin bad joke.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Aside from the Benthan flying backwards from what was depicted in-show (they decided to go with the original intent for some stupid reason), the trait is "meh", its kinda an ugly ship and is akin to a T5-U Excelsior. It DOES have a decent turn rate for cruisers. I ran one for a couple of years on my KDF Romulan. It was fun, but eventually better options came about: It seems that Mudd's Market will start clearing out the least-favorite of the T6's
    We barely saw it move in the TV show at all. :p So it's hard to see that as the official direction of travel.

I was kinda expecting them to start doing the old box ships like this. It's what was most logical to use as a source for new items.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User

If by "OP" you mean OverPriced then yes because nothing is overpowered and nothing is really worth the price. Over 6k zen for 1 subpar cruiser is a friggin bad joke.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: A wise man once said: "There is a sucker born every minute."
    tenor.gif

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @saber1973a said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Just logged to game and checked.
    >
    > Bad news - it is actually pack of 6 Corrosive Plasma Weapons - I think they are not random but by choice, and the pack is reclaimable (I think so states the shop description), so there is some worth in them, but not enough for me - I pass.
    >
    > To whoever will get the pack though - more power - and fun - to you.
    >
    > Edit:
    > I see - a full account unlock, reclaimable plasma weapons - this may be just worth it… let me check my reserves, and maybe I will change my mind and get it .

So infinitely reclaimable across your account, and you can choose the weapon type (omni, dbb, cannon etc)?

If so that would be nice to have for equipping plasma based ships. How much is the pack?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,460 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    > @saber1973a said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Bad news - it is actually pack of 6 Corrosive Plasma Weapons - I think they are not random but by choice, and the pack is reclaimable (I think so states the shop description), so there is some worth in them, but not enough for me - I pass.
    >
    >
    > Edit:
    > I see - a full account unlock, reclaimable plasma weapons - this may be just worth it… let me check my reserves, and maybe I will change my mind and get it .

So infinitely reclaimable across your account, and you can choose the weapon type (omni, dbb, cannon etc)?

If so that would be nice to have for equipping plasma based ships. How much is the pack?

3200 at the moment. It's 60% off from original price

With current dilithium price on the exchange it is about 1.200.000 dilithium.
    MkXII VR weapon costs 12k dilithium in shop so you need to claim 100 weapons to break even.

Maybe for those with 50 toons, but for me that sounds like a losing proposal,
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    > @saber1973a said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Edit:

No corrosive omni, it's one of the older types before omni beams really became mainstream.
    Still, that 3,2k zen is way overpriced considering all the options of getting purple (or better) plasma weapons. Even with an omni it wouldn't be worth it.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The Benthan ship was the first T6 lock box ship released. No surprise to see it made available in some alternative form 5.5 years later. What I'd kill for is the Atlas and the Mirror Engle in Mudd's Market. That obviously won't happen for a long time though.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,460 Arc User
    The Benthan ship was the first T6 lock box ship released. No surprise to see it made available in some alternative form 5.5 years later. What I'd kill for is the Atlas and the Mirror Engle in Mudd's Market. That obviously won't happen for a long time though.

I will admit that the Atlas has some appeal, not to mention access to a certain console. :open_mouth:
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

The Atlas and/or Engle in Mudds Market would generate huge money for Cryptic. They absolutely should not just dismiss that idea, it's a great one.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited April 2020
    With all due honesty, the thing about ships like the Benthan cruiser; isn't that they are bad. It most certainly isn't (nothing in Mudds is junk). -- Its in the product packaging. For the price (even at 60% off) one would think it would come with all associated consoles.

Given the Legendary Anniversary bundle on offer, its obvious this occured to the producers of the game. I'm just surprised its not happening in items like this. They should decide to do it. -- Merely update the packages and add the set consoles to the reclaim tab for those that already purchased it?

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    (nothing in Mudds is junk).

Priors World Defense Satellite isn't junk?​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    With all due honesty, the thing about ships like the Benthan cruiser; isn't that they are bad. It most certainly isn't (nothing in Mudds is junk). -- Its in the product packaging. For the price (even at 60% off) one would think it would come with all associated consoles.

The Benthan Assault Cruiser certainly isn't 'bad,' no.. it's an average T6 Beam Boat Cruiser. It has nothing special to make it stand out, but it also doesn't have any huge glaring deficiencies that makes it not worth it. Yes, the console and trait are a joke, but the ship itself has an 'acceptable' layout.

Here is where the problem exists with this ship in Mudds. It's 6800 Zen.. which is far too much. Cryptic is banking on the exclusivity of this ship, the idea that people will pay extra because this is your 'rare opportunity' to get a ship you normally can't just buy outright and have it unlocked for your account. That is all well and good if this 'exclusivity' is all you care about but for this ship it doesn't work. Why? Because it's not special.. it's a ship that was on screen for a fraction of a second once and is the ship that only the most hardcore Star Trek Fans have ever even heard of. The Benthans are not special, they're a casual mention that was glossed over and no one cared. This isn't a ship from a 'big baddie' like the Borg, it's a ship barely seen on screen that belongs to a faction/race that amounts to nothing. The ship is twice the price of far better ships like the Gagarin, and it's a worse platform for a beam boat then the Archon which comes with that desirable Sovereign skin. The Archon outperforms this ship, comes with that cannon Sovereign look.. it's a 'hero ship' that people love.. for less then half the price.

The idea of taking formerly exclusive ships and putting them in Mudd's or putting them up for Lobi is not a bad idea.. not at all. I actually think they're on the right track here, but where they knocked it out of the park on the Tzen-Tar Lobi sale, they missed badly by picking the Benthan for Mudds. They should have taken advantage of current popularity and gone with something like the Terran Styx, I think that would have gone over much more favorably then the ugly ship from the faction no one ever cared about.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2020

The Atlas and/or Engle in Mudds Market would generate huge money for Cryptic. They absolutely should not just dismiss that idea, it's a great one.

Yep for sure it would sell. My FEDs would love easier access to the DPRM and SAD. It's the only pieces of the puzzle that my FED captains are missing.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

It is a universal console that gives +energy damage, and reduces weapon power cost. That is definitely useful to a ship with 7/8 energy weapons. Obviously depending on what else you have it may not be worth slotting over something else, but to go from a 70 power drain from firing weapons to only ~52 is the ability to put ~18 power elsewhere. What other console gives that much power?
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

It is a universal console that gives +energy damage, and reduces weapon power cost. That is definitely useful to a ship with 7/8 energy weapons. Obviously depending on what else you have it may not be worth slotting over something else, but to go from a 70 power drain from firing weapons to only ~52 is the ability to put ~18 power elsewhere. What other console gives that much power?

Plasmonic Leech gives about 10 more at max stacks.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    You can use both :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited April 2020
    Actually I'm just talking about what makes the grade; and actually said that for the price I'd expect a full package and tweak updated. -- but you can tell yourself whatever you want.

Aside from that, you and I probably have a very different idea of what constitutes as "overpowered", and how to get there.

The Benthan Assault Cruiser certainly isn't 'bad,' no.. it's an average T6 Beam Boat Cruiser. It has nothing special to make it stand out, but it also doesn't have any huge glaring deficiencies that makes it not worth it. Yes, the console and trait are a joke, but the ship itself has an 'acceptable' layout.
    All 4's, 11 consoles, Sci/int -- whats not to like? I actually prefer traits I can build upon. The Law and Order set is also not a bad 2pc. -- if they tweaked the stats, especially drop 5 - 7 off the inertia and +2 power levels; and add the Hazari console? I'd dip.

nightken wrote: »

They work in different ways. Priors lowers the EPS threshold globally; Plasmonic tries to overclock flow for 15 secs. One means more power transfer, (less drain) the latter, up to 15 secs more battery.
    You can use both :p

This, is also true.
This discussion has been closed.