Install Arc
Options

Zen ships removed from store

2»

Comments

• Options
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User

[/quote]

I think the best choice would be to run a dual purchase system. Changing them all to T6 scalable ships is a major undertaking, but making these either Dil or zen purchases where dil is a per character unlock and zen is an account unlock is a better choice. If people really only want these ships/consoles for 1 character, let them get them that way, but for those who want to us the ships on all characters (admiralty, leveling, etc) then give them a viable option.

Right now, these ships are useless on all fronts. They might as well sell the consoles for that dil price because they've completely priced these ships out of both leveling and admiralty usage.

[/quote]

This would be a bad Idea especially with the Romulan ships because we already have the T6 Morrigu which I already own and I use many of the Valdore features during ship customization (I own the Valdore as well in fact I've owned both of these ships for years).

I'm certainly hoping that these changes will not affect those of us especially we LIFERS that already own these T1-T4 ships already as I do on all factions?

• Options
    crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    The change doesn't affect you if you already bought the ships with Zen. Which is why a dual purchase system would work fine. It's basically setup for that already. It detects if you've bought the ship via zen and shows you a zen unlocked copy. Ships you haven't bought are up for this ridiculously high dilithium price. It's just impossible to justify the dil price for these ships, and like I said, I have no idea who these ships are for any more. They're too expensive to be used as admiralty cards, you can't save enough dil on a toon to use one in a normal play through, not even close, so really all they are is just console unlocks and in that case, you might as well remove them entirely from the store (except for the people who bought them on Zen already) and just sell the consoles directly.

• Options
    crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    crossmr wrote: »
    The change doesn't affect you if you already bought the ships with Zen. Which is why a dual purchase system would work fine. It's basically setup for that already. It detects if you've bought the ship via zen and shows you a zen unlocked copy. Ships you haven't bought are up for this ridiculously high dilithium price. It's just impossible to justify the dil price for these ships, and like I said, I have no idea who these ships are for any more. They're too expensive to be used as admiralty cards, you can't save enough dil on a toon to use one in a normal play through, not even close, so really all they are is just console unlocks and in that case, you might as well remove them entirely from the store (except for the people who bought them on Zen already) and just sell the consoles directly.

You DO know you can transfer dil from character to character, right?

You can, but that's not really the point. They're far too expensive to be used as a ship for 10 levels. Especially when you consider how fast you can run through those 10 levels now. With any kind of event/bonus going on, you can tear through those 10 levels so fast you barely the get the ship set up before you're swapping it out. Previously, if bought for Zen, there were a multitude of uses:

1. You could get several of them in packs, like the temporal or galaxy pack, which I did.
    2. They were admiralty cards for every toon
    3. They all had consoles
    4. Since they were a single sunk cost, using them or not using them for each toon as you saw fit was less of an issue.

Let's look at the prices now.

A regular T3 ship, in addition to the one you'd get free, costs 5,000 dilithium. A new Zen T3 costs 75,000 dilithium. That's 15x the price. Is the ship really 15x better than the plain ship? Does the console make up for that value? The admiralty card? From about 1/2 days dilithium to nearly 10 days worth. At current exchange rates, that's 197 zen. Zen has been trending down lately as well. So the more that falls, the more expensive the Zen price of a single copy of this ship becomes.

At the current exchange rate, you could buy this ship for 5 characters and you would break even. There is of course another issue that affects the price. Zen often goes on sale, 15% charge bonus and 20% discount on the store. That makes the ship only 800 zen, which would cost you but $6.95. Or only the same price as 3.5 characters, or another way to look at it, 304,000 dilithium at the current exchange rate for all characters, vs 75,000 per character.

This is suddenly a much crappier deal. It would take you 112 days to grind out all the dil just to buy the T4 ships for a single character.

I would much rather a dual purchase system. People who really only want 1 or 2 consoles for a single character or something fine. But for anyone running tons of characters and focusing on things like admiralty or who want lots of these consoles, it's a pretty poor change.

• Options
    vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Thanks to the discovery set i can use the t3 support cruiser on normal tfo some of my t5u seem to be more powerful than my t6
  • Options
    lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I hope they do this with the T5s im dying to get those rom ships
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I bought the Raptor for the disruptor cannons and the BoP for the console to go with my Kor for when I do a stealth torp build one day. I doubt I'd of bought them otherwise. Might get the connie scaling weapons for my Fed toon aswell.
This discussion has been closed.