What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free Borg Pack!

2»

Comments

• Options
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I haven't even been able to get my Borg Pack yet because this dam GeForce card keeps crashing on me after a minute or so in game (again very sad face) :'( It's prolly going to be gone before I ever get this thing to work again. :'(
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    If it's a driver issue, install the latest. If that doesn't work, roll back to an older driver. Try using a different DX version. Change the graphics settings. Borrow a friends laptop to log in with. Adopt a cat. (Cats get into everything)
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »
    I would advise that people open this on a Romulan character, since it's only the second time (previous one was from a giveaway promotion with some other company) that we have had an opportunity to get a Liberated Borg Romulan Engineer like the ones that are available to Starfleet and KDF factions in the C-Store.

I suspect that she was an early design option that was abandoned in favor of the Liberated Borg Reman Tactical Officer.

The borg appears to be account bound while in the box. Are you saying that it won't become Rom if we open the box on a Rom?

This is true, so make it that you open the Borg BOff box on a Romulan if you want the rare female Liberated Borg Romulan Engineer.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    I would advise that people open this on a Romulan character, since it's only the second time (previous one was from a giveaway promotion with some other company) that we have had an opportunity to get a Liberated Borg Romulan Engineer like the ones that are available to Starfleet and KDF factions in the C-Store.

I suspect that she was an early design option that was abandoned in favor of the Liberated Borg Reman Tactical Officer.

why would any rom cap want a BO that does not have SRO on it? Unless your gonna use it for a ground team... but then it would be better to use V JHD boffs for 3 of the 4 ground spots...

This was obviously for those who collect rare BOffs. Alternatively, what do the JH Vanguard BOffs really contribute on ground? Do you finish an episode a whole minute faster because of them? BOffs are generally so terrible with their rate of fire that you wouldn't notice the difference between any of their traits even with all 4 completely optimized. There's a much greater difference with selection of classes/specializations and abilities than there is from a bit of resistance (to something that you rarely run into, versus the lower resistance to energy and physical, which you run into all the time, that a Lib Borg has) and a little more health, or even some extra crit chance and damage. They don't come along on TFOs, and on the only ground map where there's any kind of competition, Dyson Battlezone, you only have 2, so it would be even less of a cumulative effect. I would throw all of my BOffs away on a ground map for just one other actual human. Even a weakly-geared other player can flank things, and they usually fire their weapons and use their abilities far better, and often actually avoid death patches.

hologram boffs for your away team. just because you dont need ev suits for them ;)
    in addition, dukan rex might be the best ground boff available due to his traits.

I have to admit that I've never really tried the holographics for ground. I have a bunch of them, but mostly haven't even commissioned them. Maybe I should, just to try them out.

I still stand by the Vanguard not being better enough on ground to even notice the difference, though. It was based on observation of various characters of mine using very similar gear and BOffs of various species with different traits, but generally the same abilities and gear. Then I went and checked the receipts. The Logs tab for Measure of Morality Part I, to be precise. Good mission to use for this, as it's essentially all ground. My JH Vanguard character is Tactical, and he uses the full set of JH Vanguard BOffs on his away teams because of course he would, so I compared the logs for him with other Tactical characters who don't use JH Vanguard BOffs. Turns out the best times to complete for all of them were within about 90 seconds of each other, and the JH Vanguard with a single JH Vanguard BOff was not the fastest of them. Those particular traits, at least with just one BOff along with you, just don't make very much difference.

I suppose that I could do a round of New Romulus missions to get a picture of how much difference that you get from the additive effect of all of them at once, but I'd bet it isn't very much. Space traits are a big thing because they all go into the bag that is your ship, but ground traits don't work like that, so I generally just ignore the species of my away team members, aside from Romulans using Romulans and Remans, the JH Vanguard using other JH Vanguards and one purple regular JH, and the TOS Tellarite using K-13 BOffs because mismatched transporter effects bother me. My logs just back this up.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    felisean wrote: »
    hologram boffs for your away team. just because you dont need ev suits for them ;)
    in addition, dukan rex might be the best ground boff available due to his traits.
    I have to admit that I've never really tried the holographics for ground. I have a bunch of them, but mostly haven't even commissioned them. Maybe I should, just to try them out.

I still stand by the Vanguard not being better enough on ground to even notice the difference, though. It was based on observation of various characters of mine using very similar gear and BOffs of various species with different traits, but generally the same abilities and gear. Then I went and checked the receipts. The Logs tab for Measure of Morality Part I, to be precise. Good mission to use for this, as it's essentially all ground. My JH Vanguard character is Tactical, and he uses the full set of JH Vanguard BOffs on his away teams because of course he would, so I compared the logs for him with other Tactical characters who don't use JH Vanguard BOffs. Turns out the best times to complete for all of them were within about 90 seconds of each other, and the JH Vanguard with a single JH Vanguard BOff was not the fastest of them. Those particular traits, at least with just one BOff along with you, just don't make very much difference.

I suppose that I could do a round of New Romulus missions to get a picture of how much difference that you get from the additive effect of all of them at once, but I'd bet it isn't very much. Space traits are a big thing because they all go into the bag that is your ship, but ground traits don't work like that, so I generally just ignore the species of my away team members, aside from Romulans using Romulans and Remans, the JH Vanguard using other JH Vanguards and one purple regular JH, and the TOS Tellarite using K-13 BOffs because mismatched transporter effects bother me. My logs just back this up.
    Well ground traits (boff or otherwise) aren't team buffs. A boff that has "Sturdy" has extra damage resists. But those aren't shared with your team. this means they don't stack the same way space traits do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Just wanted to pop this back into easy view hopefully & as a reminder to claim Cryptic's free Borg Pack if anyone hasn't done it yet since it expires soon.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Just wanted to pop this back into easy view hopefully & as a reminder to claim Cryptic's free Borg Pack if anyone hasn't done it yet since it expires soon.

Specifically, ending soon on console. I think the PC giveaway was over last week (at least going by the announcement dates).
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

Specifically, ending soon on console. I think the PC giveaway was over last week (at least going by the announcement dates).

You are wrong. I checked today & I'm PC. It has under 20 hours left, probably to coincide with the patch/maintenance. I have no idea about console.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

You are wrong. I checked today & I'm PC. It has under 20 hours left, probably to coincide with the patch/maintenance. I have no idea about console.

Again, just going by the announcement. And we know how trustworthy those are when it comes to the details.
    "This pack will be available, once per account, in the Promotions Tab of the Zen Store for two weeks starting April 2nd on PC and April 9th on Xbox One and Playstation 4."

Perfectly happy to have it be wrong, though. Especially for anyone on PC who had not yet claimed it and still can now. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.