What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quark Marauder

2»

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Before i open my very difficult to get T6 Infinity lockbox that i have in my bank... is this ship any good?, somebody have tested it?, is it worth it? for the looks yeah... but i dont want to end up getting a lemon!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Fairly solid, but relatively unremarkable for most playstyles. You can also copy over to Tribble and try it out before opening it on the live server.

While it's unusual to have a cruiser with potentially 5 sci consoles, the limited sci bridge seating means you can't really go too crazy with it. I suspect most people will use the slot as a 4th tac console though, at which point it becomes very rounded battlecruiser. Probably one of the few cruisers you could reasonably run a Gravity Well + Scatter Volley build on. Or, you could run an interesting exotic build, but I'm not quite ready to talk about some of the crazy I've been tinkering with on that front recently.

It's definitely not a lemon; but it doesn't really push any boundaries either. It's a very solid workhorse if you want it for thematic reasons.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Fairly solid, but relatively unremarkable for most playstyles. You can also copy over to Tribble and try it out before opening it on the live server.

While it's unusual to have a cruiser with potentially 5 sci consoles, the limited sci bridge seating means you can't really go too crazy with it. I suspect most people will use the slot as a 4th tac console though, at which point it becomes very rounded battlecruiser. Probably one of the few cruisers you could reasonably run a Gravity Well + Scatter Volley build on. Or, you could run an interesting exotic build, but I'm not quite ready to talk about some of the crazy I've been tinkering with on that front recently.

It's definitely not a lemon; but it doesn't really push any boundaries either. It's a very solid workhorse if you want it for thematic reasons.

That ... "You can also copy over to Tribble and try it out before opening it on the live server." ... is a wise suggestion for anyone to do imo before opening any high tier gamble token on Holodeck.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Thanks!, yeah, i'll try your suggestion, my dilema is this ship (that i like the looks of it) and a spearhead, because, i kinda like it and it's ship mechanics.. also is one of the few Discovery era ships that i dont have :blush:
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Or, you open it, choose the ship that sells the most expensive in the exchange, sell it and buy yourself multiple ships that sell cheaper...

:)
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    same ship different label - what next cryptic? I haven't been excited to play in months
    redwren89 wrote: »
    same ship different label - what next cryptic? I haven't been excited to play in months

"Stop liking what I don't like!"

I don't play Ferengi characters myself but many people do and will be happy to have a new T6 choice, especially if they missed the event ship.

This ship is not special in anyway that isn't already available which makes it worthless to me and a lot of others, but not to those who cant see it for what it is - a waste of a label.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    This ship is even better than I thought. The Miracle Worker spec is nice. In combination with a 5/3 weapons layout and 12 universal console slot, it takes what was a lackluster run-of-the-mill T5 cruiser and turns it into something special. It doesn't approach the top tier of ships of course but it has the all important canon Ferengi visuals to go along with it's above average status as a ship.

No longer will a Ferengi character have to toil in a sub par T5 D'kora. No longer will a Ferengi character have to suffer using the Nandi. No longer will a Ferengi character have to resort to using a Miradorn with the Ferengi vanity shield.

Ferengi finally have a T6 option that isn't unobtainium or a makeshift compromise. Thank you, Cryptic.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Or, you open it, choose the ship that sells the most expensive in the exchange, sell it and buy yourself multiple ships that sell cheaper...

Fyi, the ships are more or less at the same price point - the more expensive ships being the least popular to fly due to supply and demand so thats a very, very risky idea
  • Options
    burstorion wrote: »
    crm14916 wrote: »

Fyi, the ships are more or less at the same price point - the more expensive ships being the least popular to fly due to supply and demand so thats a very, very risky idea

Yeah, i know, havent decide yet anyway... i'll wait a little longer..
This discussion has been closed.