test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A request for Admiralty: Klingon Campaign – Account bound Fleet Dilithium Voucher “boxes”

leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
What I am requesting is that the Fleet Dilithium Vouchers awarded for completing a Tour of Duty in the Klingon Admiralty Campaign be awarded as an account bound “box” item which can be moved between different characters / factions on the same account.

Simply put, the recent change to Admiralty will greatly impact our fleets ability to contribute to the Dilithium requirements of our KDF fleet (this especially impacts the Colony Projects). As the Fleet Dilithium Voucher award currently apply directly to the character, it’s no longer possible to support the cross-faction fleet with the majority of our characters.

I'm not going to waste my breathe or time bemoaning the change to the Admiralty system, but I would very much like the change to actually benefit both factions, and not lock players into having to remake alt's that were supporting both factions.

Regards, and thank you for the consideration,
@leoanima, Fleet Com of:
5280 Stella Exploritores, Reddit Armada
5280 Stella Imperium, Snoo Armada
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• dagorherudagorheru Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    i have to ask Cryptic/Perfect World, do you look to what the player base wants?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That is a rhetorical question. Changes announced the night before release indicate a need to make it a fait accompli, so no.

When you get boosts from Lockboxes they are not Bound. When you get Dilitium and refine it, it can be transferred to other Characters on the Account, so the suggestion seems reasonable enough.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    That is a rhetorical question. Changes announced the night before release indicate a need to make it a fait accompli, so no.

When you get boosts from Lockboxes they are not Bound. When you get Dilitium and refine it, it can be transferred to other Characters on the Account, so the suggestion seems reasonable enough.

You make a really good point about the boosts from Lockboxes, thank you.

I hadn't even considered that. I was thinking of it from the AoY, Delta, Gamma recruit point of view.
  • captnproton#5671 captnproton Member Posts: 1 New User
    I support this as well. The admiralty changes will achieve the goal of significantly reducing the amount of dil generated by admiralty projects regardless. Let's not have it further hinder fleet progress.

As it stands, there will be little incentive for new fleets to form. Previously it already potentially took years for established fleets to upgrade to tier 5.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    Placing the voucher reward in an account-bound box sounds like a great idea to me. It would allow that dilithium to get where it needs to be most efficiently.

Or perhaps an ability to deposit and retrieve voucher dil from the account bank?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Ummm...

Building Fleet Holdings uses a horrendous amount of resources that can be better put to use in other ways.

Like helping those in your KDF Fleet to develop their characters so they could complete the new Klingon Admiralty TOD or turn in contraband for themselves. Wouldn't that be more helpful? And more in line with what a Fleet should accomplish?

If your Federation Fleet has no use for Klingon TOD Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.... let them loose.
    Let them gain more Dilithium doing other things.... they can use for themselves and on characters they want to. Not hobble them to characters no one is developing and on useless Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.

Change is inevitable in this game and has been for a long time. Leaders of fleets have to adapt.
    Trying to get Cryptic adjust their program to fit your resistance and inflexibility to changes....

Well, good luck with that.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Ummm...

Building Fleet Holdings uses a horrendous amount of resources that can be better put to use in other ways.

Like helping those in your KDF Fleet to develop their characters so they could complete the new Klingon Admiralty TOD or turn in contraband for themselves. Wouldn't that be more helpful? And more in line with what a Fleet should accomplish?

If your Federation Fleet has no use for Klingon TOD Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.... let them loose.
    Let them gain more Dilithium doing other things.... they can use for themselves and on characters they want to. Not hobble them to characters no one is developing and on useless Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.

Change is inevitable in this game and has been for a long time. Leaders of fleets have to adapt.
    Trying to get Cryptic adjust their program to fit your resistance and inflexibility to changes....

Well, good luck with that.

I don't control other players, nor do I want to. They do what they want to do, it's a game - it should be that way, it's supposed to be fun. Perhaps some fleet coms try to exercise that degree of control other others actions, but that's never going to be the case in our fleet. No one here is tied down to or assigned to do anything, it's what they choose to do working toward a common goal.

I'm bringing forward those concerns and presenting a possible solution.

"your resistance and inflexibility to changes" flame bait? yeeeeah, not biting.
This discussion has been closed.