test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

looking for a dps build

bloodninja#6997 bloodninja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2020 in The Shipyard
after reading through guide i want a high dps crit build. i have been searching all day and have not been able to find anything because i am confused on how people name there builds. i have seen pics of people having over 50% crit chance but the dont say how they did that. i want high damage+high crit chance+high critD. not looking for anything complicated. needs to work with T5 and T6 ships

Comments

• duasynduasyn Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Check out Timberwolf's Youtube he does ship videos and while not technically ship build videos he shows what he's got and gives his DPS for his run. I'd assume if you build similar you will also get similar dps.
  • bloodninja#6997 bloodninja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    it a beam weapon build plausible for dps?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,586 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Have a look at the builds section over at The DPS League site. You should be able to find what you need there. You can go Beams or Cannons, both are viable but Cannons deliver better damage.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • bloodninja#6997 bloodninja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    found this build that i like. using it on ps4 is hard cause not all items can be found yet but i will use it on my pc as well.
    my only concern is my crit chance. how do i get crit chance above 2.5%?

https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/8362b79e0216b6408ca25e5d9a47749f
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 6,787 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Among the ways to get critical hit chance:

- Romulan reputation has a space trait called "Precision" which gives (I think) +6%.
    - Romulan bridge officers with the "Superior Romulan Operative" space trait give +2% each. If you are not Romulan-faction, you can buy some with this at your Fleet Embassy (though the only one at the vendor who has this trait is the blue quality male tactical officer - you can however buy multi copies of him and use for all tactical officers). If you ARE Romulan-faction, you can find these via the normal officer recruiting methods and the Exchange, and you can get them in all three professions.
    - Jem'Hadar Vanguard BOFFs give +1% each (these are only available as part of the C-Store Gamma expansion pack and you can only get one tac, one sci, and one eng per captain.)
    - Some universal consoles, and I've seen the occasional science or engineering console, have +crit hit chance passive effects.
    - Fleet Tactical consoles sold at the Fleet Spire. There are two types - Vulnerability Locators and Exploiters. Locators add crit hit (and Exploiters add severity). Each comes with a damage or weapon type (listed as the mod) and a quick check of the stats will show that they also give exactly the same damage benefit as a non-fleet console of that damage or weapon type. For example, a Vulnerability console with the [AP] mod will seamlessly replace those Antiproton Mag Regulators.
    - Fleet Protomatter Deflectors sold at the Fleet Colony have a mod, [ColCrit], which can add up to +4% crit hit (situationally).

I'm guessing that build is fairly old and predates the availability of some of those. (For one, the Plasmonic Leech was heavily nerfed and is no longer worth slotting)

Also... if your stats screen is still showing 2.5% even with just the traits listed (as Precision is already in the build I notice)... you are probably viewing while on a ground map or in deep space. The stats screen is not accurate when in such places. I would check again when in orbital space.

I have seen non-Romulan builds in the mid-30s and Romulan builds just over 40 without temporary boosters. I don't think 50% or more is possible (again, without temporary boosters), though I may be wrong.