test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do NOT link your Steam and Arc accounts

13»

Comments

• drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I was linked before and did not lose my characters. That said if they did get wiped id be very, very sad. Like very, very sad.

We'll have to see. I didnt lose my characters this weekend when the accounts linked on me.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • edragonwolfeedragonwolfe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I had to reinstall everything due to a HDD wipe. And now all my characters are gone. One was from Closed Beta as well. I have tried all the suggestions here to no avail. I did put in a ticket.
  • nova1395nova1395 Member Posts: 1 New User
    As an update to this, for user's in this kind of specific scenario:

I initially started playing in 2014, and played off-and-on for years. I recently came back to STO after not playing for roughly 3 years, and installed STO through Steam. I didn't really think much when I was trying to sign in, and Steam ended up creating a new account for me - I figured that my characters had been deleted after years of inactivity.

Nonetheless, I was a little sad to see the old characters gone, but was happy with a fresh start. I've got about 125 hours into one of my characters, and dropped a little north of $100 into the game, something I could never really afford when I started back in 2014. After a while, I started looking into the Lifetime Memberships - and realized I needed to purchase it through ARC.

Come to find out, my original ARC account is still active - I logged out of the Steam STO launcher and logged in with my ARC account, and sure enough, there's my old characters. These characters only have about half a dozen hours logged, and so I was hoping to link my Steam account to my ARC account. I sent in a support ticket to link the two accounts, and... well, they did. My Steam account is now logging in with my ARC account - and my Steam account character? Gone.

I asked them if it was possible to transfer the Character and Zen that I had on my Steam account over to my ARC account, and they said it's not possible - and if I ever want to play on my Steam account again, I need to submit another request to unlink them. With that said, I guess that means I'm not buying a Lifetime Membership.

Tl;dr, if you have a Steam account, linking it to your ARC account means you're going to lose your Steam account - no characters, no ZEN, no nothing.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,294 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.