test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fed toon stuck with Klingon prisoners?

esprix#7700 esprix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I've got a brig full of Klingon prisoners, but the security contacts at ESD and DS9 won't take them. I read there is a chance of a duty officer map assignment depending on where I am, but the wiki needs serious updating and no one can seem to give me a direct answer. Short of storming Quo'nos and demanding they take them off my hands or shooting them out an airlock, what can I do to get rid of them?
Tagged:

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    There are a few options:

First of all there is the security officer at ESD, K7 or DS9.

Second, if you are part of a fleet you can contribute those white quality prisoners to fleet projects.

Third, in the vicinity of DS9 there are various recruit labor doff assignments which you can use the klingon prisoners for.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Recruit_Labor_Aid

Fourth option is to sell them on the exchange. It is not a big ticket item, but if you're looking to free up space..

Fifth option: dismiss them for small amounts of dilithium

The one thing which is puzzling is that you say the klingon prisoners cannot be turned in at the security contacts. How did you acquire those prisoners? Is it possible that they are prisoners for the opposite faction?

Also check if your overflow bag is empty.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    The one thing which is puzzling is that you say the klingon prisoners cannot be turned in at the security contacts. How did you acquire those prisoners? Is it possible that they are prisoners for the opposite faction?

For some reason the game allows you to buy duty officers for another faction over the exchange these days, lol. Even though you cannot use them, this is why it's neat to tick of the option to only show useable items.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Are those Prisoners still boxed in Inventory or are they in your Duty Roster? The System won't recognized Boxed Prisoners.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Fifth option: dismiss them for small amounts of dilithium

This is my prefered method of disposing of them (I like to pretend I'm tossing them out an airlock :) )
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • esprix#7700 esprix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    They are listed under my duty officers as being in the brig. They are not in my inventory, boxed, or in my overflow bag. They are human and Tellarite species but clearly marked as Klingon prisoners (i.e., red border with KDF logo on them, unlike my other blue bordered ones with the Federation logo on them).

I cannot recall specifically how I acquired them, although I'm fairly certain it would have to have been from either a duty assignment or an admiralty assignment (my engagement in all of the ins and outs of STO is limited).

I tried security officers at ESD and DS9, but I'll try K7 as well. I had read about map-specific duty officer assignments but couldn't pinpoint exactly which ones I could use them with, so I will check out the one suggested outside DS9.

Thank you all for your input. I'll let you know how it works out.

Here's a screenshot of my brig inventory:
    2v2HedQ14x2YReS.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Those are clearly KDF prisoners, yeah. You should be able to mail them to yourself and pick them up on a KDF character. You can mail every other DOFF. KDF has much better use for prisoners anyway.
    Oh I never knew you could trade DOFFs. That's good to know! I don't have a KDF toon yet - time to make one! :smiley:
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Keep in mind KDF can't use Fed prisoners either. So just mail those red ones to yourself and grab them on a KDF character.

KDF can use prisoners in a number of DOFF missions for dilithium. At a security officer, you can trade 10 for 1000 dilithium. In the sectors just 'north' of Qo'nos, you can trade 4 for 500 dil in forced labor camps. And in the clusters you can trade 3 prisoners and 5 provisions for 350 dil. There are others, but those are the main ones that give dilithium.
    Awesome, this has been helpful. Thanks all!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Mailing doffs (of the same faction) is a great way to give a new character a head start on doffing.

If the old character is no longer doing it very often you can mail all the good blue and pink ones that aren't bound /padlocked, or if it still doffs often you can just look at what you have multiples of (3 blue Conn Officer? Mail 2.)