test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Decals on Galaxy class saucer

sentry51sentry51 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
I've noticed that the redone Galaxy, coming out soon, still has those two Federation decals on the top of the saucer section. Those have always driven me crazy and I'm wondering why they were ever there in the first place?

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    sentry51 wrote: »
    I've noticed that the redone Galaxy, coming out soon, still has those two Federation decals on the top of the saucer section. Those have always driven me crazy and I'm wondering why they were ever there in the first place?

Because it's standard for Federation ships to use the Federation symbol if they have no assigned fleet emblem, when you join a fleet.. They can create a custom fleet logo/emblem, and in the ship editor you can change the Federation logo to a fleet emblem, then your ship will display the fleet emblem instead of the UFP emblems.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

Because it's standard for Federation ships to use the Federation symbol if they have no assigned fleet emblem, when you join a fleet.. They can create a custom fleet logo/emblem, and in the ship editor you can change the Federation logo to a fleet emblem, then your ship will display the fleet emblem instead of the UFP emblems.
    Granted that's something that's exclusive for STO as IIRC in canon Starfleet ships don't have UFP decals on them, that said IIRC you can turn those of in the ship tailor (there was a "none" option there) that said it's not a big to me personally so I'm not 100% sure.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Granted that's something that's exclusive for STO as IIRC in canon Starfleet ships don't have UFP decals on them, that said IIRC you can turn those of in the ship tailor (there was a "none" option there) that said it's not a big to me personally so I'm not 100% sure.

No ships in STO has ever had, or does have the option to have "nothing", nothing is always the UFP logo.