test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server said to be back online... except no. [EDIT] But now, yes.

saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
So is it still in maintenance or not?

If so, why are the maintenance warning message and red status in the launcher already gone and replaced by the usual green server status?
If not, why is there still a "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" message when trying to log in?

In both cases, something went wrong and should be properly acknowledged.

And yes, I did add more details and a different title so mods don't close the thread without checking if the observation is valid or assuming players are apparently missing the obvious maintenance message in the launcher.
#TASforSTO
Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Have to wonder about how geriatric the server hamsters are.
  • Options
    squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    It's the same thing as the thread from yesterday that they closed. Connection to account server timed out. Wasn't this part of what the down time was supposed to fix?
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    try to log in and it says Account Server timed out. :/
  • Options
    fjcastle84#5005 fjcastle84 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Down for maintenance for two consecutive days and very inconveniently timed with my available play hours. Maybe cryptic should have a rule that maintenance should only be atleast once a week instead of everyday. Because it is very dissapointing for us players. Just saying

And now we cant log in after maintenance lol this is frustrating. They should compensate for this with currency
  • Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    And here I thought I was doing something wrong..
  • Options
    klastsotsiklastsotsi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I have been trying all morning to log in. Is anyone aware of this issue and when it will be resolved?
  • Options
    Down for maintenance for two consecutive days and very inconveniently timed with my available play hours. Maybe cryptic should have a rule that maintenance should only be atleast once a week instead of everyday. Because it is very dissapointing for us players. Just saying

And now we cant log in after maintenance lol this is frustrating. They should compensate for this with currency

The only currency compensation they allow is from your wallet to theirs.
  • Options
    nostra1963nostra1963 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any update on this issue?
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Actually, there was a maintenance notice on the ARC launcher at one point this morning (for me), but that went away pretty much as soon as the maint started. Currently, there's no notice on ARC, or on the game launcher itself, just the green light saying the game server is up, but the "unable to authenticate" message preventing log-in.

I'm aware that some people feel players should be checking Facebook, Twitter, Discord and Reddit for their STO information, but personally I think their own launcher and forums are the rational place for these things.
  • Options
    Connected.......for now.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Yesterday was server, today was the anniversary patch. Back to back downtimes like that are not uncommon,

Scarily common when its a new content patch and they need to slap some gaffer tape on inevitable issues.
  • Options
    warpdude97warpdude97 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Star Trek Online is currently offline. They are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    New message just added to the launcher:
    Star Trek Online is currently offline. We are aware of this issue and currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible.

Which means a certain mod closed several threads without checking first and assuming players were not smart or paying attention enough, when there really was an issue.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    It is back up now
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that the hamsters were able to get into the catnip that Cryptic's guard-kitty has stashed next to the server room... again!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    And the game is working now.
    Thanks to the devs for fixing the issue.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    lordakuralordakura Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Invalid username or password. pretty much what it keeps telling me now which is funny cause its the same i use to log in but wont reconized it . not sure HOW that works D: >.>
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Yes, there was maintenance:

https://www.facebook.com/6318938602/posts/10156940432643603/

Yes, the green light was on in error and they were aware:

https://www.facebook.com/6318938602/posts/10156940862673603/

Yes, I did check with Kael before closing any of those threads. And yes, it is now fixed:

https://www.facebook.com/6318938602/posts/10156940880958603/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.