Install Arc
Options

request: boss more powerful

13»

Comments

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    No it's not, but you're welcome to believe that. The Borg ground TFOs as well as Voth would love to have a word with you on why that's not true, as well as the new Borg Elites. You can't DPS if you're dead, and while DPS is important, it's not the only thing that matters. Also you proved my point on this one that folks being too focused on spamming spacebar.

cryptic doesn't think like you; take a look at the new stuff (kit module, doffs etc) which will be available with the new lock box. It will be again an increase of the powercreep; so yes DPS matter at least for the devs. Because DPS = money. The poor foes are targeted by so many skills that they don't have a chance to be a challenge.

And, I agree with you, DPS is not the only important thing, but the devs don't think this way.

Each time, that more skills are available for the players, foes should have also more skills to use.

Personally, i don't want to be the badass guy in space/ground, i just want chalenging foes. And I don't care about those fu.... borg tfos. there are so many more interesting things in this game than these tfos.

I don't even understand why the discussion has turned again to ISA. it is ridiculous.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    cryptic doesn't think like you; take a look at the new stuff (kit module, doffs etc) which will be available with the new lock box. It will be again an increase of the powercreep; so yes DPS matter at least for the devs. Because DPS = money. The poor foes are targeted by so many skills that they don't have a chance to be a challenge.

And, I agree with you, DPS is not the only important thing, but the devs don't think this way.

Each time, that more skills are available for the players, foes should have also more skills to use.

Personally, i don't want to be the badass guy in space/ground, i just want chalenging foes. And I don't care about those fu.... borg tfos. there are so many more interesting things in this game than these tfos.

I don't even understand why the discussion has turned again to ISA. it is ridiculous.

They put out new skills and such like that to give people options. If they only cared about DPS and nothing else, we would not have nearly as many survival oriented tools as we do today. Not everything is tank focused and not everything is DPS focused, there is a balance. They make money off of both. While I might refer to ISE or similar events, I use them because they are well known examples folks use to measure their DPS. Otherwise my point was that pure difficulty increases aren't the problem, what folks need is a clear path to do better and improve.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

They put out new skills and such like that to give people options. If they only cared about DPS and nothing else, we would not have nearly as many survival oriented tools as we do today. Not everything is tank focused and not everything is DPS focused, there is a balance. They make money off of both. While I might refer to ISE or similar events, I use them because they are well known examples folks use to measure their DPS. Otherwise my point was that pure difficulty increases aren't the problem, what folks need is a clear path to do better and improve.

Dude...do you have any idea how many people me and Sea and Fel and Peter have given clear path and direction to do better to be ignored? Like I said, there is a not insignificant portion of this playerbase that is PROUD that they are terrible at this game and don't want to get better.

It's true.. it's very very true.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Not everything is tank focused and not everything is DPS focused, there is a balance.

Until the moment that coin drops, and one realizes (to paraphrase Wesley Crusher) that Tank and DPS are aren't the separate things they appear to be.

In my early days, I couldn't fathom how loadouts I saw from top players had so little in the defense department, and yet they could do Elites. Then I had the honor to fly with them, one day, and realized they survived so well... by killing everything so fast. Hence the term 'DPS Tanking.'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User

While it is true what you say, how many missions can be completed by just tanking enemy fire?

@sennahcherib has a point when he or she says that DPS sells, as long as most of the game's objectives, either in TFO's, or patrols or episodes are to destroy and kill stuff.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.