test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solanae Overcharged Singularity Core availability

stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
When I took up the Gamma Recruit offer to create a Jem'hadar character, I was looking forward to the great equipment reclaims that would make it so much easier to get my new character a decent roster of ships with good equipment. Most of the reclaims worked as expected, but one has got me puzzled. When I originally earned the Solonae Science Destroyer(s), Romulan Warbirds were only flyable by Romulan characters. But now most Romulan ships are flyable by anyone.

Yet... the Solanae Overcharged Singularity Core is not available in the reclaim tab, anywhere, so any of my characters but the Romulan. True, only this character actually owns the Warbird version of the Solonae Science Destroyer. But, this set is usable on many other warbirds. The Kobali Singularity core for the Kobali set was available for the Gamma Recruit to reclaim. Yet he is not a Romulan. So why not the Solonae core?

Is this an over-sight? Did no one in the team that switched things around realize that this singularity core was not automatically available to non-Romulan characters? I hope it's not difficult to fix?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I don't think they changed this. If not, you can only get it in the lobi store with the ship.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Consoles and other gear that come with lock box and lobi ships are single-character unlocks.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you got the Solanae Science Destroyer from 'A Step Between the Stars', it was eventually made an Account Unlock. The Reclaim is a Choice Box giving you the version specific to your Faction. Romulans got the Aves with the Singularity. I do not believe that Romulans, Federation, Federation-aligned, KDF, or KDF-aligned Characters can claim the other Ship from their aligned Faction. Romulans only the Romulan version and no one else's. Jem'Hadar only their aligned Faction Ship. KDF and Federation only their Faction ship and not the Romulan.

You can purchase the Cryoplasma-Infused Singularity Core from the Holiday Vendor.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    And yet the Kobali singularity core is available in the reclaim tab for all characters now. What ship does that come with? :) It seems to me that if they are going to allow people to fly Warbirds with characters that are not Romulans, they ought to unlock all of the side-benefits that a Romulan would have.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It is an oversight. Best you can do is bug report/ticket to try and explain it. It didn't matter before when Romulan/singularity ships were only available to Romulans, but now they are available to everyone so everyone should be able to get the singularity core from this reclaim.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Samsar for the Core.

I haven't retried in a few months, but after the main Factions could fly Romulan Ships, I could not get Mirror Romulan Ships to show up in the Infinity T5 Ship Selection Pack on my Discovery Character. Yet, I could purchase those same ships off the Exchange and Commission them.

They obviously did not check everything out. I should be able to claim the Aves in addition to the Federation version from that Reclaim. I can get the Romulan C-Store versions easily enough on my Discovery Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I'd love a T6 Dyson Ship, possibly Cross Faction! They really could be the inspiration for the 31 Temporal Ships...
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.