test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground sets and BOffs

borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
Do ground set bonuses apply for BOffs too ?

Can the BOffs use the special powers of ground rep sets ?

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    No replies yet?
    In that case: Yes they do apply to boffs.

That does not mean that Boffs will always use special powers.
    While i haven't tested it in a while, Boffs used to have some difficulties using the cloak from the 3-piece Jem Hadar.

But it is beneficial to e.g. equip your boff with the omega armor for the team Ambush Field
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Omega_Force_(Ground)
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    IIRC boffs do benefit from passive set bonuses but are either unable use active abilities or use them so inefficiently that they might as well be unable to use them.

Though as intresting quirk if you equip the Nakhul shield on one of your boffs, it's you and not the boff who gain there invunerbility buff from the shield.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Yes, I have seen that and I find it quite useful that a BOff can use the shield's power on you.

As for the sets, since most 2-set boost the type-specific damage, should be useful anyway.
    The 3-set powers remain to be further tested but it would be quite nice if they could use them.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    yes, the boffs can use the set abilities; for example I have equiped all the boffs with most of the rep sets; and the boffs use all the abilities, most of the time with efficiency (3 pieces each time): temporal, counter-command, terran, lukari (the boff even switch between the heal and damage third attack), omega.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    boffs tend to use anything they have as often as they can, so giving them, say the 3 pc armor from Delta I think it is, they will use it at the most inoportune times. just like they will use thier powers at the wrong time.
    Spock.jpg