test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Regenerative Circuitry set

grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has used this set with everthing (including the warp core from the Kobali Samsar-class Cruiser)? I LOVED playing the episode Dust to Dust! Is it worth getting the cruiser for the warp core? And is it worth taking the set to Epic? Thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kobali_Regenerative_Circuitry

The link for those wanting more information. Thank you.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Getting the cruiser for the core isn't worth it, IMO at least. Not a set that I'd epic out either. Way in the past, the cruiser's console was worthwhile, but it's been nerfed since then and isn't that great anymore. I'd only really go for the Samsar if you're fully in love with it, as it's a bit under-Tactical'ed with only a single Lt. Tac and Ensign Universal.

For a durability set, Discovery Reputation seems to be the 'in' thing, with a very nice 120% hull regeneration rate as it's two-piece bonus.
  • grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Getting the cruiser for the core isn't worth it, IMO at least. Not a set that I'd epic out either. Way in the past, the cruiser's console was worthwhile, but it's been nerfed since then and isn't that great anymore. I'd only really go for the Samsar if you're fully in love with it, as it's a bit under-Tactical'ed with only a single Lt. Tac and Ensign Universal.

For a durability set, Discovery Reputation seems to be the 'in' thing, with a very nice 120% hull regeneration rate as it's two-piece bonus.

Thank you for the information and your thoughts around this. I will look into the Discovery Rep set.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    This is a good example where if you got the ship from the event you're covered for the account, but if from the Phoenix it is currently just per character.

Some are suggesting to make Phoenix Epics & maybe Ultra Rare ships account-wide too.

A compromise here, imo, would be have the ship be per character, but the "special" additives from those ships like consoles, traits, & any possible weaponry reclaimable for the account.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    The warp core is easily my favorite core in the game. It comes with AMP as you upgrade it and the clicky is basically a full shield restore for yourself and everyone/thing near you. The core causes Power to Weapons to boost your shields, which then additionally converts into Aux.. which enhances your damage further if you're running an APC-O build. Not as useful if you're an Aux2Bat build, aside from the clicky still being a useful emergency button.

The rest of the set.. has a niche, but it's not a particularly popular one. I run the full set on my 'Triage' ship; which excels at making other people effectively unkillable. No other set outperforms the Kobali set in terms of healing potential. However, most of the game is biased more towards being able to kill things before they kill you, not outlive them. It's a lot of fun to babysit newer players with though.

As for the Samsar Console.. honestly.. It's easily replaceable with other things. The only reason I'd suggest running it over the Protomatter Field Projector or Shared Processing Integration is if you're running the Command Platforms Set for the set bonuses.