test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RSS Feed is down

jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
First of all, I hope I got the right section of the forum, since this is neither a bug or a problem with the game.
But if that's not the case, @baddmoonrizin feel more than free to move the thread if there's somewhere else more appropiate for it.

Now, as the title says the rss feed for STO appears to be down.
I've been using it successfully for a long while, now, to push the news into our fleet Discord's server but when I logged in this morning, all I got was an error message:
ATTENTION - Feed link https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/rss has reached the connection failure limit and will not be retried until it is manually refreshed by this server, or another server using this feed.

Naturally, the first thing I did was to go and check the link, only to find that it was still down.
As you can see if you click the link, this is what you get instead of the usual feed:
/en/games/star-trek-online/news en_US Wed, 27 Nov 19 06:46:24 -0800 https://pwimages-a.akamaihd.net/arc/5f/b1/5fb1eebaffe056edc1eae918c2e58d001568123676.png /en/games/star-trek-online/news 60

The reason why I'm opening this thread is because I've found no reliable way of getting the info to whoever it is that takes care of this things so that they may check it out and, hopefully, find a way to fix it.​​
kv1Ohsx.png
Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
- quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
- quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    I've passed this thread info up to Kael.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Thank you very much! :D​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    forthewinwin#6386 forthewinwin Member, Administrator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Good morning! I wanted to hop in and provide a quick update.

The engineering team is aware and currently investigating a bug that is preventing the RSS feed from loading properly. We don't have an ETA to announce at this time, but they are working on it as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    Good to know the problem is being working on!
    Thank you for letting us know, much appreciated :D​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• Options
    The feed is up and running again. Thanks for the fix, much appreciated :D​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

This discussion has been closed.