test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endeavor Perk point randomness

bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
Does anyone know if the perk point spend resets to a new randomness after sometime? I'm lucky enough to get traits slotted in space but not ground 3 in a row? Sometimes I noticed could be the opposite.
I know it is random but appears once you hit spend points right before you buy the perk upgrade, it does not reset and its account wide?

Would be nice to have a pass token as in admiralty or reroll for missions.​​
Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
Original STO beta tester.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It resets when you pick one and earn another point.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I don't find it too bad. I've managed to max out space and ground crit chance and space energy damage. Obviously it wasn't done in a month, but you're still able to push what you want to the top first, over time.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    warpangel wrote: »
    It resets when you pick one and earn another point.

Pretty much this. I've personally waited a day and tried on a different character, but still no change to the three without picking.

It's meant to be a long-term thing and takes something like 2 years total if you hit every thing on every day to completely fill out, so there's going to be a lot of times where you have no good picks for your play style.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't worry about it. I pick one when I earn a point. Working on space stuff since I'm doing a lot of flying with the Event. Unless I see a ground one that I want to advance.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I always get the impression the perk system is rigged somehow. I'm not very far yet (only lv 67), but I'm getting extremely few CrtD/CrtH perks. It seems the game realizes I have a lot of those natively, and works towards giving me other (crappy) stuff first. Some of my friends (lv 80) already have like 26% CrtD (me, only 2% extra on both CrtD/CrtH). I know ppl will now flock to tell me this is entirely possible, statistically; but yeah, not buying it. :)

Would be a great, and sneaky equalizer, if it were so (not in the long run, when everyone has everything maxed out, but that will be years down the line -- if the game even still exists then).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I'm at 168, My Space CritD and CritH are at or near maxed. They've come up pretty regularly for me.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I'm level 70 something, only a couple of percent in crth/crtd, never come up...but I'm +20 projectile damage, +20 exotic, and a big plus to flight speed...those are my top ones as they always come up alongside ground resists etc.

Natural I now have 2 sci-torp characters.
This discussion has been closed.