test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions from Returning Player with Several Level 50 Characters

gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
Greetings, everyone. I'm hoping to get a little bit of help as I reorient myself to the game. I left way back in 2014 and haven't played since. Lots to learn for sure.

1) Are there any recommended digital guides out there that will help me get up to speed on changes?

2) I have about 6 level 50 characters on the Fed/KDF side, but will be focusing on Fed. I'll begin with my engineering character. Can someone point me in the direction of a good skill tree?

3) I'm looking for fleet recommendations, and preferably one that focuses on education and shows willingness to help newer (or returning) players.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Thanks @coldnapalm ! I appreciate the response, and I would certainly appreciate your help. I do have something specific in mind. At some point, I'll upgrade to a full blown T6 ship, but for now, I'll be using an upgraded Odyssey Tac Cruiser to make my way up to lvl 65. So at this point, I'm really hoping to get a skills tree and ship build that will help get me to this goal. I have about 1.4 mill EC, 193k fleet creds, 25k dilithium, and about 1258 Zen. I'm happy to spend some of that to get me going.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The DPS league is a good place to start on build help. If you have something specific in mind, if you let us know what it is along with how much resources you want to spend,we can help you out.

As for fleets...A lot of them are pretty dead these days...but there are still active private channels that could be good for player interactions...both for info and people to play with. The DPS league once again is a good place to start. Even if you are not interested in maximizing every ounce of damage out of your ship.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    There will be Black Friday sales on ships and ship bundles so wait for that but also think about what you might want to get with a 20-50% discount. Remember that T6 Romulan ships can now be used by all of your characters.

For EC, Endeavor boxes give a lot. For dil and EC, the Klingon and Ferengi tracks in Admiralty are the best. That will unlock for you at level 52(?). For Admiralty you can get an extra ship by going to the Narenda sector near the top right of the Beta quadrant and hailing the Sally Ride.

Create a Jem'Hadar recruit and get started on the tasks. Some of the tasks give rewards that can be claimed by every one of your characters.
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    @davefenestrator : this is so helpful. Thank you

> @davefenestrator said:
    > There will be Black Friday sales on ships and ship bundles so wait for that but also think about what you might want to get with a 20-50% discount. Remember that T6 Romulan ships can now be used by all of your characters.
    >
    > For EC, Endeavor boxes give a lot. For dil and EC, the Klingon and Ferengi tracks in Admiralty are the best. That will unlock for you at level 52(?). For Admiralty you can get an extra ship by going to the Narenda sector near the top right of the Beta quadrant and hailing the Sally Ride.
    >
    > Create a Jem'Hadar recruit and get started on the tasks. Some of the tasks give rewards that can be claimed by every one of your characters.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    You're welcome. In addition to the Jem'Hadar character (which starts at level 60) you might also create a new level 1 character to re-learn the game.

If you're a fan of Kirk and The Original Series, you can create a TOS captain that starts out in that era before jumping forward to 2409. You can use your account bank to transfer credits to buy a bunch of TOS ground weapons and for space the blue TOS phaser beam arrays at mark 1, then level them up. There will be an upgrade weekend starting Thursday which is a good time to apply those Superior Tech Upgrades (don't bother with Basic or Advanced upgrades they waste a lot of dilithium).

If you like Discovery you can create a Discovery captain who starts out in that era before jumping forward.

Start doing the Breach event today, you might not have quite enough days to get the T6 ship token after doing it and the next event but you will be close enough that the buy-out price will be much less than 3,000 zen.