test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUILD] T6 Fleet Valiant

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals!

Welcome to Winters Budget Builds Series.

This series is intended to be a guide on how to effectively, efficiently and more importantly, build Starships on a “budget”. This is not intended to be a “min max” series by any means. The builds you will see here will show you how to create an effective build on a budget. Each video will cover all aspects of the build, Weapons, Equipment, Consoles, Skill Tree, Traits, Boff Abilities, Doffs, Specializations, etc. For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed.

Near the end of each video I will also demonstrate the builds in a Patrol so that viewers can see the build in action. I have chosen this over “Infected: The Conduit - Advanced” as the outcome of that TFO can be affected by the team that you are with. Whereas playing a patrol, you can see how the build performs in a single player environment. Every player, new and veteran, will find this series a valuable source of information. You may even learn something new!

If you have any requests for a particular ship that you would like to see, please leave a comment stating the request and “if” I have the ship, I will endeavor to do a video for that ship.

Tier 6 Fleet Valiant

Link to Build: CLICK HERE

Subscribe to channel: Winters Gaming
Twitter: @P1Winters83
Twitch Channel: Winters1983
Armada Website: www.priorityonearmada.com​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Nice video, well made.. good job. :smile:

Doesn't bother me that it's not 'meta,' I actually kinda like the mix of Beams and Cannons for the Defiant, even though that's a build style I usually avoid outside of Miracle Worker ships. I get why you did it that way, and since the onscreen ship did use both beams and cannons, I kind of like it for this ship.

The only one small critique I have, is that you probably don't want to call this a 'budget' build when you're rocking all Mark XV Epic Gear. I get where the 'budget' part comes in, you're not using any super expensive consoles or traits which is great.. but I think usually when players think 'budget' they are looking at lower mark/rarity stuff. I understand where you're coming from, it's just a very small nit pick just intended for feedback.

Overall, a good job.. well done and well explained. I also like the idea of demonstrating the build in single player content as opposed to ISA for the exact reasons you described. I think a lot of players tend to join ISA runs and if they happen to land a good team and the run goes well, they believe they did well when it's entirely possible that they did little to nothing. Using something like a Patrol lets you focus on your performance alone, so nicely done.

The ship is a nice mix of damage and canon style (even though it's AP, but that's not big deal.) I enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    It's an interesting video, but i have to concur that this stretches the definition of budget to its limits.

Epic Mk V gear in addition to colony, fleet and reputation gear. Most definitions of budget builds work from mission reward or crafted gear to work towards colony/fleet/reputation gear.

That said the video is interesting although i would most likely not make similar choices on builds. Thanks for sharing and food for thought.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    It's an interesting video, but i have to concur that this stretches the definition of budget to its limits.

Epic Mk V gear in addition to colony, fleet and reputation gear. Most definitions of budget builds work from mission reward or crafted gear to work towards colony/fleet/reputation gear.

what... no, i think your interpretation of the term budget stretches the term budget to the point it no longer means budget. Budget, as far as i know, when it comes to anything pertains to income. Clams, greenbacks, chedder, bread, dough, lootsky. Usually real life money not to the order of magnitude of the items. People dont usually say, oh my god, i got this car for free, no taxes, no luxury, free lifetime gas card, and the insurance is supplemented through the state! my god i cant afford this free stuff on my budget! See how that sounds?

From what i can see everything he posted was pretty much FREE.... thus the best budget.

It simply takes time to invest. Even the epic XV is free. Phoenix event plus upgrade weekend. So I am not sure where your issue with that comes from.

Now back to the op, I don't necessarily agree with the skills and style of game play specially since i don't see this translating well to the community at large. If it was perhaps a beam build which is more or less set it and forget it then i would be more inclined to think it can improve the community as a whole since most players really aren't good pilots to run gunships, more along the lines of ship of the lines types that broadside everything. That would be my only critique.

I believe guns are a touch too advanced for most starting players but beyond that i think this is a step in the right direction.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Eh, the epic stuff I can kinda ignore since I think it is generally understood that you don't need epic at all. Its nice to have and perhaps something to work towards but any build functions fine with VR in the slot. That said, it should be explicitly stated for the newbies if it isn't, especially because epic is not by any means cheap.

I don't think this is a budget build though. The doffs are non-standard and thus very expensive. There is a lot of fleet stuff, and I'm not up on the costs of them, but earning the credits is not cheap I'm sure. You do have a plasmonic leech console, which might be expensive depending on availability.

I have to wonder who this build is aimed at, generally I'd expect a budget build to be aimed at a newbie with their first character, or someone who just doesn't have a lot of in game currency to play with, and this is not that. Time is something a newbie can be expected to spend, especially for something like reputations, but that doesn't mean they will get the kind of in game currency to afford this build in the kind of near future that reps can be finished in, even ignoring the epics.

lasonio wrote: »

From what i can see everything he posted was pretty much FREE.... thus the best budget.

It simply takes time to invest. Even the epic XV is free. Phoenix event plus upgrade weekend. So I am not sure where your issue with that comes from.

And that's a fair point, but to be clear.. there is no 'issue,' It was just an observation and I even labeled it as a 'nit pick.' When I clicked a 'budget build' I didn't expect to see all gold every thing. If the build falls within your idea of being 'budget,' then I respect that.

There is no issue here.. just discussion. I actually like the build despite it being completely different then how I would build it.
    coldnapalm wrote: »

So...unless you spend literally YEARS to collect those free phoenix boxes one per day during just during the events, you are spending dilitium and EC for those superior upgrades. And in not that small of an amount. Budget builds are something that generally new players need. Dilitium or phoenix boxes in amounts to gold everything is not something new players will have access too. You kinda have to look at what players who will take you advice will have access too. Yeah yeah some established players also look at budget builds too...but the ones who really need them are new players. What I consider budget builds are things you can put together for sub 5 mil EC and like maybe 50k dil. I can make working ships for sub 1 mil EC and no dilitium. Also remember that dil is zen. If your budget build is using up a million dilitium, you are giving up a T6 ship from the zen store. Every 40kish dil is a loss of about 4 million EC you could have gotten from buying a master key and selling it. Assuming you don't have literally years worth of phoenix upgrades, golding ONE weapon you craft without accelerators since we are saving on EC is gonna be around 200k dil. That is almost 20 mil EC worth of dil sunk into ONE crafted weapon. That ship is using well over 100 million EC worth of resources.

What are you talking about. Years of phoenix upgrades? What?

As far as i know you get 8k per account per day.... a free resource... so 50k dilithium is 6-7 days? over the course of a year that is like what 3M Dilitium? That's like 730 boxes which just to be conservative and nip the discussion in the bud we will assume he gets 1200 upgrade tokens, that's a very very very very low number to get after opening 730 boxes all to be used on an upgrade event. And again these are so conservative in the numbering that its not funny and this is per account. And you are saying this is still impossible? unless it takes years? Come on. I personally open around 400-maybe 500k in phoenix boxes per event, thats a little over a hundred boxes and make them all into upgrade tokens and during the upgrade even i upgrade almost 5-6 items maybe more per event. So i object to your assessment.

It doesn't matter what resources he gained if in the course of the game it costed him NOTHING. That is by its very definition not even budget, it's profit. Budget itself implies you WILL spend some sort of income to aide you. This setting literally cost the player 0 and gives them a strong starting point of where to go and what to look for and for them to start to make the right steps in creating a highly viable toon for the game. It shouldn't even be called a budget it should be called a FREE to Play Build. It takes some time to build yes but does it imply the time you are saying it does? Not even close.

And to top it off you then jump between zen dil and ecs.... to disprove a point by your own standards? And then ignore that metric for your own point. So if you got it for free, but it could have been translated into zen then it doesn't count?

Consistency is all that matters in a discussion.

And as the OP posted it is a free build it is simply an advanced free build... well not all free i am not sure how a new player got a fleet valiant for free if they just joined unless they were here for a past event to get it or if they wait till the ship is given out for free.... but that still doesn't explain the fleet unless they max out a lot of reps and used that to supplement it. But all and all it is a free build and is a good one just a little too advanced.
    ah i made an error, i missed a 0 it's 7300 not 730.
    Free dilithium and 8k of it no less. Who forgot to tell me. /end sarcasm.

The obvious mistake is that you work from the perspective of a lifetime subscription.
    Perhaps they get 8k dilithium per account, but others do not.

Anyone can refine 8k per character, but that dilithium has to be earned first.
    Bottom line is that the build will require months (to access the reputations) and then some to gather resources for gear and upgrades. It may not be as expensive as other builds with lobi ships and the proverbial trillion EC consoles, but it is far from cheap or budget.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User

The obvious mistake is that you work from the perspective of a lifetime subscription.

Bottom line is that the build will require months (to access the reputations) and then some to gather resources for gear and upgrades. It may not be as expensive as other builds with lobi ships and the proverbial trillion EC consoles, but it is far from cheap or budget.

As far as I can tell, you don't get free dilithium from LTS. Apparently it does auto-refine the ore for you, though.

skhc wrote: »

As far as I can tell, you don't get free dilithium from LTS. Apparently it does auto-refine the ore for you, though.

Not a lifer so was not sure about that. Even more puzzled by the free 8k Dilithium remark then.
    Dilithium is not free at all. Why say that? It takes a lot of time to refine and earn the kind of dilithium suggested here. That also means you aren't spending that dilithium somewhere else. Phoenix boxes while quite good for upgrading stuff, are also extremely limited time offers. How much dil do you need and do you have it on the right days? Suggesting that you spend a year of dil refinement to grab those boxes is next to ludicrous when we're talking about a "budget build."

To put it another way, why are you gold plating everything on a "budget build" when you could work on a more expensive build with that kind of dilithium on hand?
    Did a quick calc and think i know where the 8k account wide comes from: LTS get 500zen/month. With current exchange rate 440 that's 220000 dilithium which is a little over 7K Dilithium per account per day.

It's still not free though.
    Ah, the proverbial moving of the goal post.

"Well you can get everything in this game for free. Just put time and effort in it. But that build that specific build you cant call a budget build because it requires more then what I personally consider a budget build."

Makes sense.

To call something or anything a budget literally pertains to spending the minimum amount of money to achieve a goal.

The build that was posted literally by definition falls under the category. Like it or not agree with it or not. It does not matter what the level is or why it is it IS free and capable of being obtained.

Also, pretend as you may and as you want to not understand that you get 8k dilitihuim refined per day, a free resource, by now its a real shame. No one is handed 8k dilithium. And why would someone be so strange and think that lifetime subs get something like that for free.

It's strange reading so many post by so called vets not being able to suss that out.

Also i posted a single years worth of dilithium to refute the statement of needing multiple YEARS of saving up phoenix upgrades.

Just strange but when you can move the goal post in any direction you want you can just land on small things like that and not the substance.

As i posted before and will continue to say, the OP is correct; that is a budget build, it can be built for free. It is simply advanced and should be lauded and supported to improve and impress upon players that they should have goals.
    edited October 2019
    It's strange reading so many post by so called vets not being able to suss that out.

Also strange to see new comers come in and claim they know everything. It cuts both ways.

As i posted before and will continue to say, the OP is correct; that is a budget build, it can be built for free.

Since anything in this game can be earned for free.. that makes every build a budget build by your definition. My Discoprise was 'free' I just spent 6 months worth of resources to get it.. a 1.2B EC Ship is certainly not a 'budget' item.

What you're failing to understand is that Time is also a resource. This is a nice build, but it's definitely a long term build. If you were a new player starting out, you would be 8-12 months out from being able to achieve this. As a contrast, the budget builds over at the DPS league can be built in a matter of days to weeks. I have seen Cold give people builds that you could do in under a week.

Also strange to see new comers come in and claim they know everything. It cuts both ways.

As i posted before and will continue to say, the OP is correct; that is a budget build, it can be built for free.

Since anything in this game can be earned for free.. that makes every build a budget build by your definition. My Discoprise was 'free' I just spent 6 months worth of resources to get it.. a 1.2B EC Ship is certainly not a 'budget' item.

What you're failing to understand is that Time is also a resource. This is a nice build, but it's definitely a long term build. If you were a new player starting out, you would be 8-12 months out from being able to achieve this. As a contrast, the budget builds over at the DPS league can be built in a matter of days to weeks. I have seen Cold give people builds that you could do in under a week.

New comer? Why do you assume I am a new comer? Is it because I simply do not have as many post as you all that you take it upon yourself to assume I obviously have no idea what i am talking about, ha, so few post, what does he know? Factually I am the oldest account on this thread. I just don't see the reason to post on or equivocate about every topic.

Well maybe that's my problem, that i have been playing this game a few years longer then all of you that my view of this is a lot different. Which is what I also stated in my first post.

Time as a resource... why? Time is relative. It is certainly not a resource. It is an inevitability. You can't gain more or loss time. You will always have 24 hours in a day. If you use your time doing X or Y is irrelevant it will continue to march forward no matter how you spend it. You can spend it doing this or that but it will be spent even if you do nothing. That's just a weird talking point.

Also what you are pointing out was said clearly in the beginning of this conversation. Bringing it full circle did absolutely nothing and added nothing to the zeitgeist.

How you two personally feel about what a proper budget build is by your own understanding is neither here nor there. You make it seem as if these one week builds are the end all be all of builds as if they are so perfect that the player should not improve upon it because it is mana from heaven. that is not and will not be the case. Players must always move forward. Once they have their build what is the next step? Nothing? No improvement? no movement to the next phase?

Players will and must improve to keep up with the meta and if you introduce a build that is a one week build that is simply chapter one of the free to play book players are looking for with these types of threads. The op's build would be chapter 5 and the response of ll items can be gotten for free would be the last chapter of the same book called BUDGET BUILDS.

Seems pretty simple to me, but if you guys still can't see it, (which it did seem you understood this a while ago, which is why i annexed you from the discussion, not sure why you insist on returning to the well to drink... unless.... yada yada yada...)

Then again what would a new comer like me know. Also for future reference you can click on a players name and their starting date is prominent there.

But whatever the case, my opinion will not change and I agree with the OP and laud it for going a step forward in the right direction. Continue to post your rendition of your ideas of a budget build and I will continue to take a look at them and give you my assessment of them. I look forward to the next one. Though an hour plus video is kinda tough.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    DILITIUM IS NOT A FREE RESOURCE. Yeah you are done here. You have absolutely no understanding of why you are completely wrong. You understand so little, you have no idea why you are wrong in every aspect of what you just said.

Am I now?

So you made that decision on your own? Good.

So Dilithium isn't a free resource? Something must be wrong with my account. I haven't paid a cent for any of the unrefined dilithium I have and for some strange reason when i do these things called missions, you know, Doff misison and ferengi admiralty I just keep accumulating it and then I would do these things called tfos hard or elite and trade both types of tokens in at this thing called a rep store and just keep getting more and more. It's the most dangfangled thing I ever saw. And then, get this, i would just click this button in the third tab of my inventory and it would become refined. 8k unrefined dilithium would become 8k refined dilithium and i do this daily, can you believe that? And get this, I haven't paid a cent for it, it's almost as if it's something.... what.... i got it, it's like right on the tip of my tongue. Paid? No, free? Yeah Free! almost as if it was a free resource the game provided daily to every player. And get this, if i save up this free resource I can do a lot of things with it, including make myself stronger without paying a cent.

Who knew. It's almost as if I am being enticed to play the game.

But that can't be the case because we all know that dilithium isn't a free resource, you obviously can't get it unless you either pay zen, are a lifer, or both. My god my account is so strange to be able to do this for free. Don't tell anyone!
    New comer? Why do you assume I am a new comer?

It was an assumption made off nothing but the content of your posts. You seemed to take issue with long time players thinking they knew the game, seemed like you were a newer player. If you say you're a long time player, I have no reason to doubt it so fair enough. I do not equate post count or forum join date with knowledge level, that was not the intent.

The rest of your post is too hostile for me to bother replying to, It's also derailing from the OP's original topic, so I'll just say we disagree on the definition of a 'budget build' and move on. We're too far apart here to come to a consensus so further dialogue is pointless.

I regret mentioning it in the first place, apologies to the OP for detracting from your original post, I should have known it would go completely off the rails.

Sigh, the field has gotten so long with the goalpost moving so much just to come back full circle.

Now, Dilithium takes time or money to get so it's not a free resource but some how VR, Very Rare Mark XII with reasonable mods just appeared before you without you spending TIME or MONEY as a new player to gain the energy credits to get them. They just fell from the sky on day one. You did nothing to gain them. You created your account, created your captain (They are called characters, I called them accounts, someone called them toons, but I am savvy enough to flesh out what they meant by their terminology but whatever) logged in, and bam they were just there. Just laying there. Waiting to be claimed. You put no effort in but there they were.

That's amazing, you can't even use the items but there they were. Just laying around everywhere... you didn't spend any TIME leveling your character but there they were just there. Just all these jemhadar's just appearing naturally.

Maybe I'm too new to know this but as far as I know it takes TIME to raise EC's. But the time getting ec's and the time getting dilithium those are two different times I guess? You spent an inevitable construct like time to get it. It's almost as if the definition and verbiage changes to fit your talking point. But that wouldn't be the case could it?

People need to stop calling time a resource. It is not. It is finite. It is an inevitability. You are guaranteed time. You can not gain more or lose more it is an inevitability not a resource. Air is a resource, land is a resource, time is not. That's just strange.
    But when you can move the goal post to fit your own argument it doesn't matter.

It took both of you this long to literally come back to the exact same point that was stressed in the beginning. As I stated saliently many times, this is the op's rendition of a budget build and by literal definition it is one. It is simply a more advanced version of it. Even if you do not agree with it by your definition of it that doesn't change the fact that it is.

The op doesn't seem to want to elaborate or defend his ideals so much as present them for critique. Hopefully this thread will not prevent them from posting more in the future. I think they are interesting mid term builds.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Oh god poor Sea and Napalm, what did you folks get urselves in this time? :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Time is a very limited resource. Yes it is inevitable, but where you budget your time matters.

You can grind EC all day every day, or you may only have an hour a day to get reputations and mark farming done. Lots of people can't even afford to play games every day so how is this build going to help them when they can't be grinding out currency every day?

Where one person budgets all their time to improving one character and build, someone else may split that same time across 4.

Besides that, a budget build that takes a year to manage is not a budget build. It takes an inordinate amount of in game currency, regardless of how inevitable some of it may be to earn, that is time, energy, currency that can easily be better spent on multiple characters or making a much better build.
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    Nice video, well made.. good job. :smile:

Doesn't bother me that it's not 'meta,' I actually kinda like the mix of Beams and Cannons for the Defiant, even though that's a build style I usually avoid outside of Miracle Worker ships. I get why you did it that way, and since the onscreen ship did use both beams and cannons, I kind of like it for this ship.

The only one small critique I have, is that you probably don't want to call this a 'budget' build when you're rocking all Mark XV Epic Gear. I get where the 'budget' part comes in, you're not using any super expensive consoles or traits which is great.. but I think usually when players think 'budget' they are looking at lower mark/rarity stuff. I understand where you're coming from, it's just a very small nit pick just intended for feedback.

Overall, a good job.. well done and well explained. I also like the idea of demonstrating the build in single player content as opposed to ISA for the exact reasons you described. I think a lot of players tend to join ISA runs and if they happen to land a good team and the run goes well, they believe they did well when it's entirely possible that they did little to nothing. Using something like a Patrol lets you focus on your performance alone, so nicely done.

The ship is a nice mix of damage and canon style (even though it's AP, but that's not big deal.) I enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.

Hey @seaofsorrows,

Thanks a million for the kind words! I'm delighted that you enjoyed the video! I get what you're saying about Mk XV Epic gear but I'm sure you also know that there isn't that much of a difference even if this was Mk XV VR or UR. It's just not game changing, ya know. When I say budget, I'm meaning that I'm not spending 500 Million EC on gear, equipment, etc. And that I'm not spending $300 on the build either. Everything on this build is obtained from game play. Whether that's from leveling up the various Reps, making small purchases from the Exchange, playing story missions, etc. I probably could have done a better job of explaining that. In any case, I appreciate your feedback and I hope that you continue to enjoy this series. :smile:

-Winters

what... no, i think your interpretation of the term budget stretches the term budget to the point it no longer means budget. Budget, as far as i know, when it comes to anything pertains to income. Clams, greenbacks, chedder, bread, dough, lootsky. Usually real life money not to the order of magnitude of the items. People dont usually say, oh my god, i got this car for free, no taxes, no luxury, free lifetime gas card, and the insurance is supplemented through the state! my god i cant afford this free stuff on my budget! See how that sounds?

Now back to the op, I don't necessarily agree with the skills and style of game play specially since i don't see this translating well to the community at large. If it was perhaps a beam build which is more or less set it and forget it then i would be more inclined to think it can improve the community as a whole since most players really aren't good pilots to run gunships, more along the lines of ship of the lines types that broadside everything. That would be my only critique.

I believe guns are a touch too advanced for most starting players but beyond that i think this is a step in the right direction.

Hey @lasonio,

Thank you for recognizing my meaning on the term "budget". You are exactly right, everything on this build was put together via game play and not by spending hundreds of millions of EC or hundreds of dollars in real world money. You pointed out the Mk XV Epic weapons, as I'm sure you know, it's not and wouldn't be game changing even if they were Mk XV VR or UR. In fact, the only reason why they are at the level they are, is from Omega Tech Upgrades. Which, as I'm sure you know, is completely free.

Regarding the skills and style of game play, I totally respect your opinion, and yes, there are some players that this build will not suit due to some players being better than others. However, I think it's good for players, lets say "the average player" to have goals to aim for. And remember, the point of this series is to show "effective builds" that can be obtained for a "budget".

Thanks a million though for the feedback! I hope you continue to enjoy this series as it's released! :smile:

-Winters
    Hello everyone,

So I've just gone through the posts made in this thread and I'm sorry that I haven't posted sooner but as you know, real life happens and has to take priority. Anyway, I appreciate everyone's opinions and points of view! Obviously not everyone is going to agree with my opinions or points of view. I realize now that there are probably somethings that I could have explained better than I did in this video and will endeavor to do just that in my future videos.

So, one of the things that many posters here seem to be hung up on, is the amount of Dil that was spent on this build. Believe it or not, it wasn't a huge amount as nearly everything in this build was upgraded with Omega Tech Upgrades. Which as you all know, can be got for free once per year with only a "time investment" needed. Now, the reason why I didn't point this out in my video is because of three reasons.

1) This is my main toon and pretty much the only one that I have made Epic, but I wanted to start off with this build as it's my main and this ship has become very well known within my community. 2) Is that I think that it's good for players to have "goals" to aim for. 3) The fact that the gear is Mk XV Epic is irrelevant, at least in my opinion. Because there is very little difference between Mk XV VR to UR, or UR to Epic.

Now, when I say "budget" my opinion on that is something that doesn't take hundreds of dollars or hundreds of millions of EC to put together. I don't really consider Dil an issue because if someone is just playing the game, leveling up their Reps, then by the time they are done leveling them, they should have close to half a million Dilithium collected, probably even more.

The whole point of this series is to guide and help the average player, to point them in the right direction and to do it all on a budget. If an average player or even a new player see's this video then they can use this build as a guide. The first thing they can do is to setup their Boff abilities. They can get some pretty cheep weapons off the exchange or from their fleet and continue to check one thing off the list, one after another. They basically use this video or build as a "to do list".

Anyway, thank you all for treking out my video and for posting! I will take all of your feedback and try to apply it to my future videos. :smile:

-Winters
    @winters83 Let's leave the discussion about what is budget and what's not for what it is. Being a budget builder/theory crafter i would probably refer to this as a mid tier build, but that's for another day.

Which strikes me as most peculiar is your mixed use of beams and cannons. I listened to your argument about avoiding shared cooldowns, but instead your power management is a mess.
    Despite the plasmonic leech, omega 2-piece and AMP warpcore i still noticed that during activation of beam arrays (esp during BO) weapon power dropped like a brick.

One of the old arguments in favor of mixed weapon loadouts was actually based on better power management with a single torpedo. In this case you could use the crystaline torpedo (https://sto.gamepedia.com/Crystalline_Energy_Torpedo_Launcher) to reap the benefits of reduced power drain and not lose out of point distribution.

I also noticed the heavy focus on defensive/healing traits which can be switched to potentially more offensive based traits if you make use of other varieties of AP DHC.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Antiproton_Matter_Conversion_Dual_Heavy_Cannons
    - resistance debuf
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Radiant_Armaments#Advanced_Radiant_Antiproton_Dual_Heavy_Cannons
    - Temporary Hitpoints and haste
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Defense_Initiative_Armaments#Advanced_Temporal_Defense_Chroniton_Dual_Heavy_Cannons
    - Turn rate/flight speed and boff recharge

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Obfuscated_Strategist_Set#Antiproton_Variant

I feel you could actually take the high ground if you use these instead.
    You are welcome OP. It is a very intriguing build from a structural standpoint if you consider the building terms in this reference. It's base is good but it does need a few tweeks as i pointed out before that it could use to make it more universal and easier to use. I look forward to your next mid term build or even the next step with higher end ships to give players more goals to obtain.

I have all the items and traits in this game so I wouldn't mind trying out one or two of your builds instead of my own, just for a change of pace. GL and i hope you make one that will really catch my attention.