test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advice on Disruptor types. Nanite or Bio-Molecular?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Im trying to pick a type of disruptor to go with on my Romulan since plasma is kind of trash in space. So I was thinking nanite disruptor, but then I started looking over the bio-molecular and it seems nice. Is one better then the other?
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• hallek420staymad#8999 hallek420staymad Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I would suggest spiral wave if you happen to have access to them, then elachi or even coalition. If you're going to choose between nanite or bio, then I'd say nanite because they came out with LoR and perhaps would be more thematic. I have no facts to back me up but I'd say both are mediocre.
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    I would suggest spiral wave if you happen to have access to them, then elachi or even coalition. If you're going to choose between nanite or bio, then I'd say nanite because they came out with LoR and perhaps would be more thematic. I have no facts to back me up but I'd say both are mediocre.

Thanks :) Yeah, trying to stick to things that look green to match Romulans.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Im trying to pick a type of disruptor to go with on my Romulan since plasma is kind of trash in space. So I was thinking nanite disruptor, but then I started looking over the bio-molecular and it seems nice. Is one better then the other?
    Actually.. When just comparing damage..Plasma is equal to every other damage type..If you wanna talk # of things that boost plasma damage..Thats different.

Most of the Disruptors are green..but not all of them..
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Disruptor_weapons_(space)

You can click through most of these (Just under the beam visual) and you'll see the beam as it is in game..(took me forever to do this..and I dont have all the the recent ones)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• hallek420staymad#8999 hallek420staymad Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I have a fleet D'Khellra with a DD skin that uses Romulan plasma beams and you get a disruptor proc with them. I put it together about 2 years ago and at the time I boosted plasma with a few pieces/sets. There was the lobi Council Defense Pact console/plasma torpedo 2 piece, the Romulan Singularity Harness beam/torp/console 3 piece and the universal plasma wave console. Might be even more stuff than that by now. Buying beam arrays from the rep store for dilithium is a drag and lobi can be spendy but it's a nice finished product. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I might put competitive engines on it and upgrade it all to epic and start using it again.
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Actually.. When just comparing damage..Plasma is equal to every other damage type..If you wanna talk # of things that boost plasma damage..Thats different.

You can click through most of these (Just under the beam visual) and you'll see the beam as it is in game..(took me forever to do this..and I dont have all the the recent ones)

I did sort out my problem, skills were borked. >.>
    1e3sni150tar.jpg

I did sort out my problem, skills were borked. >.>

Oh!...Oops LOLz.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

If you are the one responsible for displaying the displayed color of the weapons on sto.gamepedia.com then a big thank you to you. I enjoy that feature & for roleplaying or theme builds it helps tremendously.
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If you are the one responsible for displaying the displayed color of the weapons on sto.gamepedia.com then a big thank you to you. I enjoy that feature & for roleplaying or theme builds it helps tremendously.

Welcome!

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.