test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Timed out connecting to GameServer

qandiceqandice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited October 2019 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Been getting that message whenever any of my toons try to access Starfleet Academy or Risa Space, they begin to transfer map it gets to 41% and then crashes to the login screen giving the Timed out connecting to GameServer error. It affects both copied and 'original' characters, Risa was found when the copied character crashed, confused as it was a KDF toon. Checked and it was in Risa space, moved them into sector space was then able to copy and log them in fine, tried to enter Risa and it crashed.
Tried Safe Login which fails as it tries to take them to the last safe non-combat map - which is Risa or the Academy. Ran a full file check and no change, tried on a different account and the same. Reboot and no change and it persists on a second PC. So it looks like it affects those maps only.

This has been happening since Friday and I know that the Academy was accessible before then.

Comments

• Options
    kimbabeast1kimbabeast1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    yes ive had same problem 3 toons getting gameserver time out ones at the accademy one near defera one near esd
  • Options
    chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Yes I have the same problem my character Genalda System what I have copied.
    Qapla'!
  • Options
    dalmaru23dalmaru23 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    One is stuck in ganalda the other is stuck in the jenolan Dyson sphere and the third is stuck on K7
  • Options
    I can't get past the character select screen, trying to login someone on Ganalda I get timed out before I can get onto the map
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • Options
    yes ive got 5 toons now getting timed out connecting too gameserver :'(
  • Options
    well ive now got 6 toons just started romy and get that normal message of late gameserver timed out :(
  • Options
    guys well i have 7 toons now that get gameserver timed out just made klingon went too beam down to the prisoner off and error came up yet again gameserver timed out so for awhile ??? iam leaving sto as it seems they only care for holodeck by good people of sto
  • Options
    havens#8344 havens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Literally having the same problem and so is my friend after going to Risa, we don't know the issue.
  • Options
    havens#8344 havens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I believe it's a bug with the game files all together, which means the developers must know about this and they will probably fix it in their next update. Just we gotta be patient.
  • Options
    qandiceqandice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Latest patch seems to have corrected for Starfleet Academy and Risa Space.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It also fixed the bug I had claiming rewards from admiralty or boxed marks like in the Dyson Sphere or Romulan patrols. In Admiralty I could only claim one boxed reward a day, such as 1x admiralty ships, mats, etc. If it came in a box I could only claim one per day.

After it patched I could claim them all and don't have a problem in Dyson.

I was having a problem transwarping. If I tried to TW anywhere I would get thrown out too. Even trying to get to the DQ from the Dyson Gateway. Same problem you guys had of not being able to log back in. Kinda afraid to try again lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D