test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cooldown of Kobiyashi sector space ability

phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
Why is the cooldown of the sector space vendor 2 hours, when the arguably much more useful mission map cooldown is only 2 minutes???
I'm sure it's to match the Azura and Vow'vl, which begs the question...

Why is the Azura/Vow'vl cooldown still 2 hours?

Even when you consider relative uptime, it still doesn't make sense.
The mission map ability is active for 45s, with a 2min cooldown, giving it an uptime of 37%.
The sector space ability is active for 5 minutes, but with a 2 hour cooldown, giving it an uptime of 4%.

Back when we still had sector walls and NPC traders flying around in space we could talk to, it was less of an issue.
Now it's only the Azura, or flying back to a starbase.

When I can fly to the nearest starbase at impulse speeds faster than it takes for that ability to cooldown...
LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
Post edited by phoenix841 on

Comments

• andreasn2andreasn2 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Why is the cooldown of the sector space vendor 2 hours, when the arguably much more useful mission map cooldown is only 2 minutes???
    I'm sure it's to match the Azura and Vow'vl, which begs the question...

Why is the Azura/Vow'vl cooldown still 2 hours?

Even when you consider relative uptime, it still doesn't make sense.
    The mission map ability is active for 45s, with a 2min cooldown, giving it an uptime of 37%.
    The sector space ability is active for 5 minutes, but with a 2 hour cooldown, giving it an uptime of 4%.

Back when we still had sector walls and NPC traders flying around in space we could talk to, it was less of an issue.
    Now it's only the Azura, or flying back to a starbase.

When I can fly to the nearest starbase at impulse speeds faster than it takes for that ability to cooldown...

There's a doff that reduces it by an hour if i remember right, or trait, i dont remember how i got it but mine is reduced to 1 hour instead of 2.