test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to prevent Fleet Invites?

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
While there are plenty of people who want to have their characters invited to Fleets, and some people don't mind blind invites, not everybody does.

I was sent a blind invite just before I entered a mission. I clicked 'f' to answer the NPC at the start of the mission and I ended up clicking once more than I needed to, and that caused my character to join the fleet.

I honestly do not have the time to invest in joining a fleet, and I'm often called away from the keyboard.

Normally, I keep up the invite up and away from the centre of the screen to prevent others from sending invites.

Is there an option available to just keep my characters out of whatever is being used to search for players who aren't in fleets?

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    You can take care of this by opening the social menu (the symbol looks like 3 heads and is on the right side of your mini-map), then clicking the 'privacy' button on the bottom right to bring up privacy settings:

epcdgbb.jpg
  • Options
    cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I do not think that a player who does not want a blind fleet invite should take the trouble to block it himself, rather it should be up to the person who wants to send an invitation that he should first ask. Sometimes those blind invitations are sent while one starts a mission or participates in a fight and then this mess is annoying, and soon you click on wrong things and you suddenly find yourself in a fleet. I myself have three characters in a fleet and in one of those fleets I am even a senior officer but will never send a blind invitation and if I send an invitation it will only happen after asking through an ingame mail or a personal message. For one of my characters I even did it through the forum. Fleet members or fleet leaders reach better motivated members by doing it via a personal message / ingame mail or in the appropriate section on the forum.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Blind fleet invites come generally from people who want a big fleet for personal gains (that's also not STO exclusive) and generally those fleets aren't very good in quality.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Thank you, protoneous :)
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Being part of a fleet nowadays is a waste of time. I will not waste my resources any more.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).