test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet Academy needs a set beam in site or a transporter room

The last few times I went to Starfleet Academy, my character beamed in at different locations. I think it needs a transporter room or a set beam in site.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,596 Arc User
    It adds variety, THE SPICE OF LIFE! (And half the battle?)

More seriously, it doesn't bother me. I'm usually beaming down for the recruitment missions so a beam-in somewhere in the main building would increase my walking distance.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    Agreed. I do not see the random beam-in points to be a problem. It is not like you would need to run for 5 minutes to reach your location. SFA is relatively a enclosed space where you can get to any area within at max 1 minute or so.

I also like the random spots. I try to guess where i will end up the few times I am in the neighbour of SFA :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Starfleet Academy needs a refresh in general.

This was definitely answered a while back by the devs, and I can't remember the thread it was in. But I remember a dev mentioning that not having a transporter room was intentional. It was something different, instead of most other zones having that transporter room.

Also, in the few episodes where we see officers beam in to Starfleet buildings and grounds, it's usually somewhere out in the fields along a random path lol. So that's actually more screen-accurate than a specific room iirc. I'm thinking Sisko at Starfleet HQ, and Picard at the Academy when Crusher was being charged.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,691 Community Moderator
    I'd prefer just not beaming in inside the building. Anywhere else on the grounds is fine.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Well, when I go to SFA it is to the VIP Dilithium Vulcan, the Vulcan/Tellerite/Andorian Recruiters and the Lore/Personnel Area. When I Beam down I could end up in Club 602, by the Vulcan Dilitium NPC, by Professor Neal Meyer, or somewhere by another building. Then I run a circuit to do what I am there to do.

The funny thing is that I have more choices to where I can Beam to from SFA (Sector Space) than I do from the Transporter Pad at ESD.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    but i likie beaming in to a pond...not i agree it does need a pad
  • sailor12001sailor12001 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Not having a transporter room is fine with me, but I would like to see a set beam in area such as the Starfleet Command insignia and/or the path surrounding it at SFA.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,322 Arc User
    Yeah honestly the Starfleet Academy map isn't that large and most things are fairly close to each other anyway. Now if we had access to the other large buildings in the campus or the hargar (outside the tutorial), it might be a bigger deal but honestly it's fine as it is.

That said it would be nice if they'd bring the visual update they did for the DSC academy to the 25c academy as well.
  • michael0525michael0525 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I agree with the originator...random beaming...really? Please let me choose a beam in site like the personnel office, bar, Admiral's office, etc. This is the 25th Century after all...we should be able to get closer that a few hundred meters of our desired beam in site.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Like this?

archway-transporterkyknm.png
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,794 Community Moderator
    back to the netherworld with ye necromancy
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.