test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ABLE TO USE CLOAK IN ALL SPACE AREAS IN THE GAME

It would be cool if we we could use a cloak in all space areas like for example sector space and system space and space station space. Example say you start in sector space activate your cloak then approach Deep Space 9 when we arrive our ship is still cloaked we can keep it on or decloak if you want. Also say we start somewhere and decide before you go to sector space or depart system you want to activate your cloak so when we appear in sector space ship is still cloaked so from here we have the option to travel in sector space with it on or decloak if we want. Same for entering or leaving a Alert or Patrol, starting or leaving a mission basically all space areas in the game.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    What would be the purpose though besides it being cool to use cloak in all space areas in the game? Not to mention it might send mixed signals to either causing people to think that the game population is low, that the game is dying, etc. Though I could see Klingons or Romulans being allowed to cloak in system space though not sector space and space station space. With that said, I wish that missions when you do a certain objective or when a dialog box pops up, that the action would not decloak you.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    What would be the purpose though besides it being cool to use cloak in all space areas in the game? Not to mention it might send mixed signals to either causing people to think that the game population is low, that the game is dying, etc. Though I could see Klingons or Romulans being allowed to cloak in system space though not sector space and space station space. With that said, I wish that missions when you do a certain objective or when a dialog box pops up, that the action would not decloak you.
    I'm pretty sure you can cloak in Sol/Qu'nos/New Romulus orbit just fine, as for sector space it would be lovely if the game would "remember" my cloak status even if I wasn't counted as "cloaked" in sector space, so that I wouldn't have to always re-apply my cloak when entering a system.

Also it would be really nice if KDF and RRN engineers would stop tying the "decloak" button to everything on the bridge so I could talk to my bridge crew without the ship decloaking ;) (aka could cryptic please make it so that 99.9% of interactions wouldn't decloak our ships)