test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgradeable Herald Torpedos

after over 3 years since the iconian War expansion was released one thing was completely forgotten by the developers.... what happened to herald torpedos? the ones we get from the lockbox ships can not be improved! I am asking for this to change. will the development team answer?
Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I somewhat agree:

Every unique weapon visual should have an upgradeable version, even if the upgradeable version is a separate lock box or dil store purchase.

(Or add weapon visual slots, but the devs have said that would require too much work for it to ever happen.)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Oh have I been waiting for this for so long. I love these torpedoes but being stuck with non-upgradeable common ones isn't cool.

Right now I can only hope that if they release the Iaidon Dreadnought, it'll come with an upgradeable version.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Oh have I been waiting for this for so long. I love these torpedoes but being stuck with non-upgradeable common ones isn't cool.

Right now I can only hope that if they release the Iaidon Dreadnought, it'll come with an upgradeable version.

Vonph was already massive, the Iaidon could be rather crazy :p
  • nexurulernexuruler Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    with the introduction of the Juggernaut class ship the Iaidon is most likely going to be released in the near future.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The same situation applied to the Voth Chroniton-Transphasic Torpedoes. The Wide Angle one included on the Bulwark is Very Rare and until a few years after introduction was not upgradable. Then they made it upgradable, but the standard Common Mk X stuff wasn't and isn't.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • apheex#3641 apheex Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    As a Herlad ships user, I could not agree more regardings the upgradeable torpedos. Well, im not a torpedo fan in general but sometimes i put the mkx version just for the visual (and of course when i have to do the kinetic endavour) :D

screenshot_2021-09-03-14-28-24.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    The same applies to the time-shuttle's deflector and the Ferengi shuttle's shield. Not that anyone cares about shuttles these days.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    this thread isn't getting enough attention. developers should be allowing us to upgrade these torpedos by now...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    (Or add weapon visual slots, but the devs have said that would require too much work for it to ever happen.)

Which strikes me as an odd decision, since it would have a beneficial effect on local rendering by visually reducing some rainbow boats to single energy types. But I've stopped expecting any real critical thought from the dev team.
    echatty wrote: »

I am the OP... I should be able to revive this.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Doesn't matter. You can't. Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.