test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: TFO: re queue for replacement players.

2»

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'm not sure asking them to fix/change the different STFs is a useful idea. Azure Nebula Rescue is still randomly impossible to get the optionals after however many years it has been, and is still incredibly boring and frustrating. Tzenkethi are still wildly overpowered. Whatshisname in Bug Hunt can still break completely and prevent you from completing.

What they could do is put in a vote to abandon the queue. If people are constantly abandoning one queue then they can focus on fixing that, if they are going to put in that effort. If not, they can take it out of the random list.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Well, Lt lemming is scripted to require you to interact with him to make him continue moving if the bugs beat him up. So if he gets buried in a pile of bug guts some groups just have no idea where he went.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • grancommesgrancommes Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Why? It's pathetically easy.
    This.

Now, give me like Gravity Kills, or the Borg ground TFOs... I'll leave those in a heartbeat.

I haven't yet bailed on a random TFO, but those ground borg missions seem to take forever.
    I'm not a huge fan of Borg Disconnected either, and it comes up often for me on random.
    But I consider the extra bonus for doing random TFO's worth the pain.

I wouldn't mind the ability to mark a specific mission as "blocked". A token or pass, letting me avoid a particular TFO while doing random.
    Or even the option to select ground or space randoms.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well, Lt lemming is scripted to require you to interact with him to make him continue moving if the bugs beat him up. So if he gets buried in a pile of bug guts some groups just have no idea where he went.

Yes, but I've seen him just completely break and refuse to do anything at all, no interact, not dead, just stands completely still. Its one of the issues forcing us to wait on an NPC to do something, if anything in the AI breaks the the mission is broken. It happens in other places too.

On other notes, the ground Borg queues are definitely not right for the current state of STFs, with ridiculous amounts of high level, high HP enemies. It is basically room after room of minibosses with the elite tactical drones everywhere. They can be nice for endeavors if you have a kill 6 captains endeavor, but that's it.

Storming the spire I don't mind as much as some, except its designed to be near impossible to stop the transports. They love to fly fast and jam themselves into the little alcoves, so if you're not already shooting at them and have extremely high DPS, they will unload before you can kill them, or even get targeting on them because of the geometry. It is a fairly boring STF overall though.

The STFs I really dislike the most though, all have one thing in common: splitting the team. The only places I find it acceptable are when its a defense/offense split like counterpoint, swarm, or gravity kills (the Tzenkethi being brokenly OP still make this miserable though) where the split is kinda optional and either force can readily reinforce the other. But stuff like Azure Nebula, even if it worked properly, I'd hate it for the splitting, and with borg disconnected, the dopey satellite defense missions, things are really too far and too active for it to be anything but a completely split up team. With that sort of split and distance it often just becomes a single player mission that too often deliberately wastes your time. Terrible design.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    One could argue that splitting up is teamwork. Like Khitomer stasis where one player pushes buttons and the others break things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    One could argue that splitting up is teamwork. Like Khitomer stasis where one player pushes buttons and the others break things.
    Right. Splitting up is teamwork. Tasks for which multiple players need to work together, because no one player can do them all.

As opposed to everyone mobbing up to try to do everything themselves, which is not teamwork, just a bunch of single players going at it at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.