test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How can one solve the puzzle in the latest episode?

I have no idea what I'm doing. Randomly manipulating the controls is failing. I can't deliberately adjust them because they all look the same, and I have no clue how to do what the game seems to think I know how to do. I keep doing it wrong and Stamets or whatever his name is keeps hinting that I'm stupid or something. Bottom line...I cannot finish the episode.

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I just played the episode, you have to keep running back and forth between the two consoles keeping the levels in the blue in the middle by adding or subtracting radiation / spores. *yes i tried it took me 4 tries to get it right not easy*
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Is the puzzle random on each play through or something? I just needed to interact with one console (glowy transparent plexiglass looking one next to the chamber) hitting the -10 Whatsits button (out of the four it had -10, -20, +10, +20) now and then to keep it in the blue. Though he did yell at me once even when it was in the blue, but the puzzle ended soon after.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    I also failed. At a certain point, enough information is gathered from your mistakes in order to complete that portion of the episode.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I did not even know about the 2nd console. I guess that's one reason I seemed to only be able to do one thing. I think I'll just wait until someone posts a video on Youtube. Just a thought but I should not have to watch someone else play through a mission before I can understand what to do.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    There are 2 consoles 1 right there when you come in to the left and the console to the right in front of the spore cylinders.
    You have to run back and forth between the two consoles and literally be facing the console, not be on the side in the back etc, literally be right in front of the controls to get the console controls to pop up.
    Also, i found out from a friend who also cant do it that it ends after 3 attempts.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Personally I've not failed it once though it was close a couple of times, You need to try to keep them at middle 2 boxes. +10 moves the lit box 1 space to the right per use, -10 moves it 1 to the left, +20/-20 do the directions but 2 spaces at a time.

That said you got a bit of room for error and if it is in the first red box it's not massive problem, second red space is when Stamets starts yelling at you and the third and final red box is when you fail.

Also it's also semi-random so you can start to see the pattern there and predict to a degree where the box will move on its own and compensate for that.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Personally I've not failed it once though it was close a couple of times, You need to try to keep them at middle 2 boxes. +10 moves the lit box 1 space to the right per use, -10 moves it 1 to the left, +20/-20 do the directions but 2 spaces at a time.

That said you got a bit of room for error and if it is in the first red box it's not massive problem, second red space is when Stamets starts yelling at you and the third and final red box is when you fail.

Also it's also semi-random so you can start to see the pattern there and predict to a degree where the box will move on its own and compensate for that.
    yeah each time you do it, it seems to randomize whether levels will fall or rise during the test.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ummm you mean the rad & spore meter on the holodeck? you need to keep it in the middle section... 4 controls.

+20
    +10

You just need to move back and forth and adjust as needed.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

yeah each time you do it, it seems to randomize whether levels will fall or rise during the test.

and by how much I've seen it drop both 1 slot and 2