test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10 Anniversary...Please bring back missed items by new/inactive players. And other Suggestions.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    D.O.M.I.N.O

place that into Phoenix for example into VR or UR Tab...it is pathetic i must waste every epic token to get that console........because i wasnt around to ACC Unlock that ship....

@our forum heros please spare me with your comments about must have items...
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    dark4blood wrote: »
    Things that clearly need to be added and maybe Cryptic is ignoring the need:

1.) The ability to take all items off your current ship without having to make another ship active. Half the time when you ready another ship, the items don't transfer anyway, so instead of having to fix this problem just give us a remove all button for ship gear.
    Agreed. Then again, with how bugged the whole thing is, I shudder to think just how bad it would get if they actually implemented a "remove all" button.
    2.) Might have been mentioned before, but re-engineering needs to be applied to all items or at least all story gear. Some of the procs really suck on some good story gear.
    Also agreed. And while we're there, how about upping the mark of the items? XII with the odd XIII is low.
    3.) Fix the tray default of putting 3 on the top and 1 on the bottom.
    This can be annoying, so I agree.
    Also, it would be nice if changing ship didn't also change how the quickbar are displayed. I always use quickbar 10 for all my keybinded abilities and sometimes I forget that switching from one ship to the next (unless you've saved the loadout on the new ship you're gonna use, but even then it doesn't always work) reset the quickbars. There's absolutely no need for that.
    4.) Stop follow target from being default for camera, free camera having to be readjusted all the time is REALLY annoying.
    I use follow target, but you're right. A fleetmate of mine is complaining about this quite a lot, because he prefers free camera but the setting just won't stay put!​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Especially when STO itself just had a Tweet over the weekend:

'@trekonlinegame: It's #StarshipSaturday! If you had to pick one console that you *had* to equip on every ship you built, for the rest of time, what would it be?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Things that clearly need to be added and maybe Cryptic is ignoring the need:

1.) The ability to take all items off your current ship without having to make another ship active. Half the time when you ready another ship, the items don't transfer anyway, so instead of having to fix this problem just give us a remove all button for ship gear.
    Agreed. Then again, with how bugged the whole thing is, I shudder to think just how bad it would get if they actually implemented a "remove all" button.
    2.) Might have been mentioned before, but re-engineering needs to be applied to all items or at least all story gear. Some of the procs really suck on some good story gear.
    Also agreed. And while we're there, how about upping the mark of the items? XII with the odd XIII is low.
    3.) Fix the tray default of putting 3 on the top and 1 on the bottom.
    This can be annoying, so I agree.
    Also, it would be nice if changing ship didn't also change how the quickbar are displayed. I always use quickbar 10 for all my keybinded abilities and sometimes I forget that switching from one ship to the next (unless you've saved the loadout on the new ship you're gonna use, but even then it doesn't always work) reset the quickbars. There's absolutely no need for that.
    4.) Stop follow target from being default for camera, free camera having to be readjusted all the time is REALLY annoying.
    I use follow target, but you're right. A fleetmate of mine is complaining about this quite a lot, because he prefers free camera but the setting just won't stay put!​​

Personally, I would like the option for lower Mark things. It usually seems easier to increase the rarity at lower levels than higher. Starting from Mk II usually yields a Ultra Rare by Mk XI, sometimes even Epic. Once they upgrade the rarity to Legendary, just imagine how hard it is going to be to get your gear to that, considering Epic seems to eat a lot of Upgrade Tech at Mk XV when you start from Mk XII.

Personally, I prefer the free camera as well. I like to be able to look around and pick my next target in battle.
  • Options
    @jcsww Absolutely true. The lower the mark (and quality) the easier it is to upgrade them to something better. But I'm not talking about every object. I'm thinking about reputation items and those that are given as mission rewards (i.e.: the nausicaan set). They already are at very rare (or ultra rare) quality, so the chance of getting them to very rare/epic is extremely low.

I'll go one step further, though: add the option of getting the mark XIV or the mark II, whichever you prefer. Of course, you can get the gear early on, when you're low level enough, but that doesn't count for reputations items nor is it possible for every piece you may want to get, for two simple reasons: a) you won't stay low level forever, b) you may want to change build or pick up something you didn't think you'd need but are in reality missing.

It would also be a unique feature. None of the other MMOs I've played (and I'm playing) have something like this. Might be too complex and/or time consuming to implement, though.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Especially when STO itself just had a Tweet over the weekend:

'@trekonlinegame: It's #StarshipSaturday! If you had to pick one console that you *had* to equip on every ship you built, for the rest of time, what would it be?
    You do know that's dev speak for "what should we nerf into uselessness next," right?
  • Options
    @jcsww Absolutely true. The lower the mark (and quality) the easier it is to upgrade them to something better. But I'm not talking about every object. I'm thinking about reputation items and those that are given as mission rewards (i.e.: the nausicaan set). They already are at very rare (or ultra rare) quality, so the chance of getting them to very rare/epic is extremely low.

I'll go one step further, though: add the option of getting the mark XIV or the mark II, whichever you prefer. Of course, you can get the gear early on, when you're low level enough, but that doesn't count for reputations items nor is it possible for every piece you may want to get, for two simple reasons: a) you won't stay low level forever, b) you may want to change build or pick up something you didn't think you'd need but are in reality missing.

It would also be a unique feature. None of the other MMOs I've played (and I'm playing) have something like this. Might be too complex and/or time consuming to implement, though.​​

I wish there was a way to choose the Mark of the rep items being claimed. Once upon a time, my fleet used to PvP casually with different levle ships, just for the fun of it. To be able to select the Mark of the reward before hitting claim it when hitting claim, it asking you to select the Mark of the item before it appeared in your inventory would be nice. Then I could outfit older level ships or upgrade them from lower levels to higher levels to hopefully get that rarity improvement.

I actually haven't bothered doing the gear upgrade stuff to increase the rep stuff to Mk XIII UR. I kind of wish I could just get the UR rarity improvement but still get Mk XII stuff.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

The thing is, if there was such an option, the single best choice would ALWAYS be the minimum mark allowed. There is no point adding an option for something if the "correct" choice is always the same. That makes it just a trap, a chance for less knowledgeable players to unknowningly pick a worse option. Like it is in R&D.

On the other hand, I could totally see them drop all upgradeable items at the minimum mark regardless of your level and you'd have to upgrade them yourself.
  • Options
    True that, too.
    But there's a caveat to it: let's say I'm a new player that, as you say, is not really knowledgeable in how things works.
    I go for the highest mark because I think that's the best option... only to learn that it's actually not.
    I might have spent a bit trying to upgrade stuff - though I may not even know upgrading is possible! - but now I know, so I can go back to obtain that same piece of gear (let's say, for example, the trilithium-enhanced omni phaser beam) at a much lower mark to upgrade it way more easily.

Still, you're correct: they'd probably be more happy just giving us mark II stuff and make us upgrade from there.
    Which is probably also why they haven't upped the mark of the items obtainable via episode or reputation: to make us upgrade them.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    1. Bring back all items that have been offered in missions, special giveaways, and special linked event sales. Things like the Shard of Possibilities are obvious, but also rare BOFFs like the Breen VR officer would be nice.

Those were featured episode rewards, not anniversary, but yeah they really need to bring those back again, its over a year we last had a fetured episode rerun, so its about time to bring them back with another rerun or phoenix them in since that is the policy they now use for the temporary obtainable items.
    Aswell as other temporary rewards... Example, Worf's beard, hair and sash... Ive been bringing in new people to the game and some of them asked about Worf's beard after seeing it on of my characters, and was disapointed to learn they missed the chance for it.
    It is indeed odd these haven't been given soild way to regain them again.

2. Secondly, start really making the game more accessible without losing money by making 90% to 95% for things upgradeable. I have been wondering, why the world of BOFFs still not upgradeable to other classes we have seen the game? Why are there still story equipment and other items not upgradeable in the game? Why do DOFF missions not have UR and Epic DOFF rewards...it is kinda weird that we basically have the same DOFF rewards we had since New Romulus update.

Upgrading boffs and doffs sounds like it would be a fun new feature, but dunno if its needed or if it would complicate things. But I do like this suggestion.

And as for equipment and items that still can't be upgraded... Make a large report thread with a list of said items and where you got them. So its easier to know which items that maybe have been overlooked.

5. Lastly, story mission need something beyond accolades and generic rewards, especially for team player playing. There are no hidden gems in the game for playing with other classes beyond some wonky accolades. Also lately, even the story rewards are getting sparse beyond TRIBBLE we can get from regular missions. Also, current planets and bases can be increased with new story missions so it doesn't feel like that have been stagnant for the entire game. This might actually save programming time of making up new stuff all the time, and players will appreciate it.

Yeah, haven't really been any mission rewards lately that I felt was a "I MUST HAVE THIS", I don't really have any ideas what they could add however.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    True that, too.
    But there's a caveat to it: let's say I'm a new player that, as you say, is not really knowledgeable in how things works.
    I go for the highest mark because I think that's the best option... only to learn that it's actually not.
    I might have spent a bit trying to upgrade stuff - though I may not even know upgrading is possible! - but now I know, so I can go back to obtain that same piece of gear (let's say, for example, the trilithium-enhanced omni phaser beam) at a much lower mark to upgrade it way more easily.

Still, you're correct: they'd probably be more happy just giving us mark II stuff and make us upgrade from there.
    Which is probably also why they haven't upped the mark of the items obtainable via episode or reputation: to make us upgrade them.​​

I'm fairly sure you can't do that, upgrading your trilithium omni from mk2, because most, if not all, set rewards from missions get free upgrades to mk12 which means no way to improve the quality. Not everything has that, for example Delta Flight's polaric modulator (have fun with that mission at low levels) but I believe set gear all does that.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

The thing is, if there was such an option, the single best choice would ALWAYS be the minimum mark allowed. There is no point adding an option for something if the "correct" choice is always the same. That makes it just a trap, a chance for less knowledgeable players to unknowningly pick a worse option. Like it is in R&D.

On the other hand, I could totally see them drop all upgradeable items at the minimum mark regardless of your level and you'd have to upgrade them yourself.

I would totally be fine with that! It might help drain some more Dilithium out of the game as well, as most of those upgrades do eat through a chunk of it.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I se a lot of people who want stuff that has been retired/exclusive, like DOMINO. Maybe Cryptic should consider doing periodic limited releases in the C Store. If there is a ship giveaway, I would love a cutscene after you claim it where you fly out to Utopia Planetia and or the other faction shipyard, and do a flyover in tribute to the Enterprise flyover in The Motion Picture. Dock in the shuttle bay and your Boffs are there and you get the announcement "Commanding Officer, USS/IKS/RRW Name of ship, Arriving". maybe with the bosun whistle or like the US Navy, the bells.
    The cutscene takes you in first person to the turbolift, to your chair, and then exterior cut to the ship leaving spacedock.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    I se a lot of people who want stuff that has been retired/exclusive, like DOMINO. Maybe Cryptic should consider doing periodic limited releases in the C Store. If there is a ship giveaway, I would love a cutscene after you claim it where you fly out to Utopia Planetia and or the other faction shipyard, and do a flyover in tribute to the Enterprise flyover in The Motion Picture. Dock in the shuttle bay and your Boffs are there and you get the announcement "Commanding Officer, USS/IKS/RRW Name of ship, Arriving". maybe with the bosun whistle or like the US Navy, the bells.
    The cutscene takes you in first person to the turbolift, to your chair, and then exterior cut to the ship leaving spacedock.

I like this idea, but why limit it to a few ship giveaways? It could be an optional, but fairly standard cut scene that puts whatever new ship you have into it. I'd probably not watch it for those things I only fly for traits, but for things I want to run in for a while, I'd like some neat vanity scene of the ship. I'd hope it gives a closer view of the ship than is normally possible, but with the right perspective that it looks appropriately large.

Now, how they would get the scene right when you've got Universe class ships and T'Pau class ships is another question. Maybe have 3 different scenes for small, medium, and large ships.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know what would've drained more Dilitium out of the game? Lowering the Dilithium Upgrade prices for the Fleet Colony Holdings. Less Fleets would have abandoned the Colony at lower Tiers and continued the Upgrades beyond Tier 3.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I know am semi-repeating myself here, but again - 'freebies' notwithstanding, and with the fact that I have no idea about the practicalities of it, it would be fantastic if they'd have some of the once-familiar but now long-gone elements of the game reappear.

As previously said:
    Perhaps the original/very first ESD
    The interior of the 2012 ESD revamp
    The Utopia Planitia map
    Memory Alpha

Would be great to revisit some of the maps that were, for various reasons, removed and the tenth anniversary of the game seems like the perfect time to revisit how the game got to where it is now, not to mention showcase how much it has changed over the past decade!

Seems strange they could not be put in a holodeck program (maybe a little booth you enter as a novelty at the club?)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    So it seems someone was listening...maybe Cryptic will make some much needed changes to fleets next year. Here is to hope.
    If this is how they listen... please no, don't touch the fleets!
    kv1Ohsx.png

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Yeah, not the best outcome when it comes to the implementation of the past rewards...but we really do need a change to fleets because besides ships and consoles, the playerbase is playing more solo than ever.

And that is bad?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.