test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding Risa.

rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Captain's Table (RP)
To whom it may concern, within the Federation.

I am Rahhmi Starchaser, a Romulan Starfleet Captain. We are currently tasked with monitoring the peacekeeping situation between Risa's main residents "Trolls" and "erpists".

but I'm not here to talk about that... I'm here to discuss the recent Lohlunat event.

A large group of residents who live on the Suraya Bay Beach that you've all recently trashed are very unhappy with the plethora of tourists that flock to the beach once a year, completely disrespect our rules and local customs, and further go on to bring their rather BAD Earth Spacedock or Sector Space drivel into our usually clean [Zone] chat.

These offenses would be met with strict determination however due to the Perfect World initiative and the rogue Q-like being Navi haunting the beach, we are unable to solve the problems.

It is due to this that I am reaching out on behalf of Risans who live there the year round to request formally that our Cryptic Overlords install a sign with a list of rules, the most important of which is "No Dags on the Becah". While many mock this colloquialism, It is very important to the continued state of things as Dags leave excrement which polutes our beaches as tourists refuse to clean up after it... most of said excrement is affectionately referred to as "drool" by most Humans, and further chase the Caitians who live there.

Birds, Robots, and the rather polite Snowmen are just fine, however these Dags have created serious issues in the past, not to mention bringing disease and allergies.

Furthermore, We believe that all of these tourists should begin paying an entrance fee to come to the planet as they pollute our beaches, inflate our economy with their chancebox money, and generally invade our social hangouts making it somewhat difficult to engage in our daily routines and social qualms.

Local businesses such as Lorelai's curio Shoppe, a well respected mom-n-pop style hut right at the edge of Dead Girl's Beach saw ZERO Profits during the tourist season due to the monopoly caused by the perfect world floater initiative.

Forgetting the active community in this manner cannot, and should not continue as something MUST be done!

-Rahhmi Starchaser, on behalf of the Risan locals.
Post edited by rahhmi on

Comments

• altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I feel obligated to fully support this.
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • shinzon1shinzon1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Finally someone's standing up for beautiful Risa before it turns into a hot mess of tourism, excrements, and things we don't even want to think of.
  • kegelexercise#3468 kegelexercise Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    #MakeRisaGreatAgain
  • rj10598#2426 rj10598 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As a Risa regular myself, I consider this issue very important
  • mlgtrickshotcrewmlgtrickshotcrew Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    A friendly reminder to all Risa visitors past and present: green areas are just that, green areas, NOT TOILETS FOR YOUR PETS. Recent water quality assays revealed E. coli and fecal coliform levels in excess of Federation health standards and the disturbing presence of Baylisascaris procyonis, a raccoon-borne parasite that can be transmitted to humans, Bolians, and Xanteddu IX hyperphase crystalline cnidarians. Raccoons have not been formally introduced to the Risa ecosystem and pose a dire threat to continued terraforming activities. Individuals found to be in violation of The Biological Quarantine & Registration Act of 2392 Title 87 §2022.942 may be subjected to fines and additional legal action.

• avalon55#9061 avalon55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As a Risa regular myself, I consider this issue very important

i agree

A friendly reminder to all Risa visitors past and present: green areas are just that, green areas, NOT TOILETS FOR YOUR PETS. Recent water quality assays revealed E. coli and fecal coliform levels in excess of Federation health standards and the disturbing presence of Baylisascaris procyonis, a raccoon-borne parasite that can be transmitted to humans, Bolians, and Xanteddu IX hyperphase crystalline cnidarians. Raccoons have not been formally introduced to the Risa ecosystem and pose a dire threat to continued terraforming activities. Individuals found to be in violation of The Biological Quarantine & Registration Act of 2392 Title 87 §2022.942 may be subjected to fines and additional legal action.

Oh mang, I didn't know it was *that* bad. Come on everyone, let's do this thing!
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    altran3301 wrote: »

Oh mang, I didn't know it was *that* bad. Come on everyone, let's do this thing!

It's actually worse than you think, and it's being kept out of the news because they didn't want to scare off the tourists. unfortunately only the Cryptic overlords in the Risan Government and the Federation profit from the Lohlunat Festival, the locals simply have a mess to clean up at their own expense.
  • donburritodonburrito Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    #nodagsonthebecah !! Dags are bad.

P.S. Raise the instance cap back up for Risa.
    Online DJ and Audio Engineer for Kirtang Pirate Radio and occasional Blog Writer for The G & T Show
    Facebook Page: Don Burrito
    Twitter: @DonBurrito143
  • azadi94512azadi94512 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    100% Supported
  • jamesbrycejamesbryce Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    This has my full support
  • bcottbcott Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Does this initiative have a name or a tag for social media? I wholeheartedly support this.
  • blueeyedzebra#2493 blueeyedzebra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    There are still a lot of bad behaving tourists from ESD, Drozana and DS9 on Risa.
    I still need to check all the island for destroyed equipment. And I saw, that all of the tiny animals are distracted and run around in circles, because the tourists feed them garbage and try to steal their children!

The officers should be removed from active duty, until they learn, that they should behave like at home and to respect the environment.

Additionally it looks like the shop near the beam platform was robbed, nothing at display anymore.

Kusakabe Misao, Risa Safety Officer
  • absolutepurevil1absolutepurevil1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    MAKE RISA IRATE AGAIN! YOu have my THHHHHHHHUPPORT
  • b1u73ng31b1u73ng31 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    #cleanuprisa!
  • panadeiropanadeiro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    #NODAGSONTHEBECAH!
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I honestly tried to visit the beach this summer but unfortunately when I set one foot there the cat people had already been there. It was like I was wading through a litter box.
    I did enter some of the events, and they were fun! At first, that is. Apparently there are stray temporal anomalies scattered everywhere as I was leading in the race one moment and behind the next. Like being tied to an anchor by a rubber band.
    Obviously as a summer resort there are things requiring repair. Like the fabric of time/space.
  • chadhughes145chadhughes145 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Greetings FABULOUS Cryptic Overlords.

As one of the unfortunate species of the most FABULOUS Gorn, and current leading member of the Gorn Initiative part 2, regarding the FABULICATION of the beaches and crystal clear waters of Risa, I fully support this initiative.

For alas, when I was but a wee Gorn lad, I contracted the disease known as Risian Scabies. If it weren't for the quick thinking of an, unfortunate for him, science officer within' the Federation, I would not being the being of radiant FABULOUSNESS that I am today. Thanks to the heartwarming dedication of my brethren within' the Federation and the Klingon Empire, I am fully able to oversee the day to day operations and safety of the regular denizens of Risa.

Within' my post atop the pier, I shall continue my due diligence, enforcing the peace-keeping mission of the few of us that are left. To ensure the safety of all and to Boldly go Where no Denizen has Gone Before!

I am Traarbot and I approve this message and initiative.
  • allium03allium03 Member Posts: 1 New User
    omg yes totally or something..
  • rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    The Fact that Forum mods can see these are all unique posters mostly with less than 10 posts only manages to show the absolute seriousness of these issues.
    edited August 2019
    hyykvhB.png
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Unfortunately many in sto fail to find a difference between "RP" and "ERP" so you get a bunch of trolls messing with people who just want to live out their own star trek adventure.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Now is the time to go there and complete your Accolades.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Interesting..
    Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on