Closed

imperialgeminiimperialgemini Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Closed
Post edited by imperialgemini on

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Although it's been a while since I've been through the mass opening of doffs for Starbase fleet projects, the mechanism and requirements for FED and KDF Starbase doff unlocks are both the same unless something has gone wrong, changed, or you've missed something. You shouldn't have to wait until Tier 5 to purchase fleet doffs.

Pre-Tier 1 you can "doff for doffs" at the KDF academy whenever you like which has a total of 4 contacts just like at Starfleet Academy. If Romulan you can pick up these assignments again at New Romulus Command so get to double dip. Your Starbase will have duplicate contacts eventually inside but will require a bit of running around. Uncommon or better doffs gained through these projects can be ground down to commons at the academy.

As far as purchasing Fleet doffs with FC you should be able to see your Starbase Personnel Officer at the Starbase who'll provide you with the appropriate rarity and choice of doffs starting with common fleet doffs (random type) at Tier 1 and specific type at Tier 2 Starbase Projects Wiki Link

As far as opening doffs I find it easier to open them using the doff UI than double clicking from inventory. You'll still have a lot of clicking if you're a regular fleet project doff filler but it goes with the territory and is at least now a single click so a savings of 50% :smile: . There's also a hidden over-cap of about 100 doffs that provides some extra space in your own doff inventory built in. Hope this helps.

MBQ1Zbg.jpg
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I can agree with the double clicking part having a impact on the hardware of the pc's mouse is a possible issue. But that will depend on how often you replace such items and the quality of the product purchased and that is out side of the Dev's ability to effect.

I think the multi click is a safe measure to prevent a lot of accidentally opening items such as ships and the like of costly items and could see the never ending set of requests to fix the opening of things and requests to have correct would far out strip any problems with having that double click feature in place.

I know my post is not that much of a help in any regards to your problem with the opening of the box's but i do think that the Dev's have used common sense in regards to the preventing problems with accidentally opening things.

I would wonder if there is not a key combination to use to bypass that feature and make them a one click open. If some one knows i would be interested in knowing what it is. Some thing like the ability to bypass the confirm step of buying a item from the stores, replicator, or to salvage items.

I hope some other player or a Dev can respond to this about a alternative way to open several as i would be interested in that information as well.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    I forgot to add that for the one-click open depicted in the image above or even for 1-click mass Starbase doff buying try holding down the control key. This applies to many other aspects of the game as well to bypass the single click then confirm method.
  • imperialgeminiimperialgemini Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Closed
    Post edited by imperialgemini on
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    Thread_Necromancy.jpg
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
This discussion has been closed.