test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you could only make one piece of equipment Gold

imperium#7101 imperium Member Posts: 24 Arc User
If you could only make one piece of equipment on your ship gold what would it be? I ask this mostly to see what is the best way to upgrade the items on my ship to get the most out of it as i acquire my upgrades down the line.

Comments

• tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    > @imperium#7101 said:
    > If you could only make one piece of equipment on your ship gold what would it be? I ask this mostly to see what is the best way to upgrade the items on my ship to get the most out of it as i acquire my upgrades down the line.

I'd go with my warp core, personally. Usually they get [AMP] at ultra rare, which is a little more damage, and at epic they get [W->S] which is 7-8 more shield power if running high weapons power.

Alternatively, consoles are good because you can gild 2 or more for the price of a core/shield.

Weapons are intermediate in cost between the other two options and their gold modifier is worth [Dmg]x2 because of a baked-in mod. This means 1.03*1.03 = 6.1% more net/ final damage from that one mod.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Hard to say without looking over the full build.

Usually though, the one that would otherwise be the most expensive.

This would be an item that's currently at a low mark/rarity that you really like and want to make Epic. For example, if you had a Warp Core that was Mark XII Ultra Rare and your Shield was Mark XV Very Rare, the shield would take more resources because rarity increase is generally the toughest.

I usually Epic my weapons first, if it's a Phaser Build, I would probably do the Terran Taskforce Beam/Cannon. Again though, if you're only going to upgrade one weapon, the result might not be that great.

I guess if you can only do one.. Warp Core or Shield. It's a tough question to answer as the the answer varies by your build and what you hope to accomplish.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Depends on what are you using to make it gold/epic.

If it is the ultimate upgrade then it should be warp core or shield as it is the most resource heavy to upgrade.
    If it is by other means then the Console - Tactical - Lorca's Custom Fire Controls ( https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lorca's_Ambition#Console_-_Tactical_-_Lorca.27s_Custom_Fire_Controls ) as it is the best console in the game right now unless you doing an exotic build (Space Magic).

btw upgrade weekend is comming soon so do wait for it so you can benefit from it
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I definitely would not use it on a console of any kind.

Consoles are much less expensive to upgrade when Shield/Warp Core or your weapons. You want to use it on something that would normally cost you a lot to upgrade, consoles are cheap. So is your ground gear.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • imperium#7101 imperium Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Thank you all for the advice.