test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

General Play Ideas & Ideas

pmsattlerpmsattler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
First off, I love this game, so much that after years of playing and buying Zen I became a Lifer. I am critical of games and most of STO is awesome, but I have a few ideas and suggestions. Some I have said before, and since then I have new ones. I looked in Feedback for a thread of this type, General Feedback, but everything there is geared toward a single aspect, so here we go.

1) The Joined Trill Species
Given the luck and success of the Jem'Hadar, I suspect it should be easy, or at the most a challenge, to actually make a real Joined Trill species. They collect knowledge as they transfer from one host to the next, so give us that ability with the species we paid for.

2) Lifetime Dilithium Cap lift
It would not break Cryptic or PWE to lift the cap for refinement of dilithium to 10k per day for Life-time subscribers. We are players who continue to drop money into the game, even when the game engine is really old. We should be rewarded for that large amount of investment into the game.

3) Ship Release Alternating Schedule
Try releasing new ships into the C-store a bit more often. To often we see the ships drop into a lockbox. At the start of the game, your company and crew promised it would not bank us to death with that sort of game play, it is what drew me to the game. We realize you need to make money, so how about a compromise? Maybe give us two new ships in the c-store a year, out of the dozen or so you release a year in the lock boxes.

Finally, you guys are doing great! You really do rock and I am really happy with the game. Just some feedback. Enjoy!
Fleet Admiral of The Lost boys

"Dreams are born in the deepest of minds, and destroyed in the shallowest of ones."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I don't see them changing the refining cap either.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    I would like to see more playable species in general.

Two of the last three added factions only had variations of species we already have. Voth, Arboreal Xindi, Voth, Kelpiens, Voth… that's at least five interesting new species that I'd like to see in the game ;)

I'd also like to see more unique passive traits for species that you really experience. The Caitians' greater jump ability is the best example of what I'd like to see as passive traits for new and existing species. Each species should have its own unique experience.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    1) Joined Trill's "collected knowledge" is already reflected in their Racial Trait.

2) LTS already has access to an option to refine more Dilithium than the average player. It is unlikely to be altered from this.

3) The devs already release more than 2 ships per year to the C-Store.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But don't count on any Fleet grade type ships added to the C-Store anytime soon.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    But don't count on any Fleet grade type ships added to the C-Store anytime soon.

And? Most ships added since T6 was introduced for the 2014 Delta Pack have not been fleet grade. But you can now earn free fleet modules through the reputation system.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's why they added that as a Reputation Tier 6 Project. Fleet grade ships will be limited to Lobi Store, Lockbox, Promotion Packs, and Events. What it also means, we will not be getting those big Ship Bundles with each Faction getting three versions of the same ship. With four Factions that's 12 Ships. Much too unweidly.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    That's why they added that as a Reputation Tier 6 Project. Fleet grade ships will be limited to Lobi Store, Lockbox, Promotion Packs, and Events. What it also means, we will not be getting those big Ship Bundles with each Faction getting three versions of the same ship. With four Factions that's 12 Ships. Much too unweidly.

Ah, with context your comment makes more sense. You probably explained it already in some other thread I missed and didn't think to repeat yourself here.

Yes, I agree they'll probably skip creating 12-packs going forward.
This discussion has been closed.