test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

space weapons mods: need a guide

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
hi,

I wanted to know which mods are the best for each career, and also for each factions. i know that for a rom-tac, dmg is the best, but I have some troubles with my other tac captains (kdf and fed). they have 24/25% crit chance and 95/more than 100% crit severity.

thx in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    When in doubt, go with [dmg], as it's always 3% final damage boost per mod.

With absolutely tweaked out you might possibly get more more than 3% final damage on average with [crtd], but that requires far more lining up and calculating than just a 'this faction and career should do this' to figure out now. Heck, with Personal Endeavors which is absolute best will vary from player to player, as it can give Critical Hit, Critical Damage, and Category 1 damage boosts that can change ranges for what's 'best'. If you're following the meta sorta closely, [dmg], [crtd], and [pen] will all be pretty close to the same, so any of combination of those is plenty fine.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The question is impossible to answer since it varies from build to build.

There are too many variables to name one mod 'the best,' but overall I would just go with what tom61sto said.. get all DMG mods. It's the safest best and you should be fine.

The truth is, the differences between Damage and CrtD Mods are subtle and really only prevalent when trying to push every last bit of DPS. The majority of players won't notice a difference between DmG and CrtD mods anyway.

Load up on damage, and if you're crafting the weapon, maybe throw some PEN in there for good measure. You can't go wrong with that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ok, thx. I'm going to try different stuff for my kdf captains,
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    As a rule of thumb I'd look at what your build is good at and bad at, for example if you have a lot of inherent CritD from your buffs and other equipment it might be better to go for Dmg mods instead while if you got low CritD inherently go for that.

Obviously this is massively simplified picture of things and for the absolute best you need to do more research but it works for a rule of thumb.
  • Options
    so for a rom tac with 35% crit chance, I should use weapons with crtdx3/4?
  • Options
    ok. it seems that I need to salvage a lot of stuff :p
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, I run CrtD on my Romulans.. they can hit a high enough critical chance to make it clearly worth it.
    Insert witty signature line here.