test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trait: Coalition Starship Tactics (Personal Space Trait)

Trait: Coalition Starship Tactics (Personal Space Trait)

Currently, only Players within 20km of each other gain a benefit from the buff(s) this trait offers.

In Space, 20km is too close a distance to maintain even for a few seconds for fast moving Starships with different targets and objectives, especially with today’s Space TFO’s.

I would like to request that the effective distance of this trait be extended from 20km to include the whole map. Just like this Space Trait’s ground counterpart, “Coalition Squad Tactics” (Personal Ground Trait), which covers the whole map.

[img][/img]Space-Trait.jpg

Comments

• bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    20km is pretty generous - twice the range of weapons. I thought you must have made a typo and meant 2km.

There are a lot of abilities that have a far shorter range and are pretty much useless, so I agree with your point that the game has changed and maybe the whole 10km range just doesn't make any sense now. But I don't think that is something that they can easily change at all.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    20km is more then fair.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Agreed. 20km is extremely good considering the boosts, which are team wide
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • scotty8863scotty8863 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Certainly, allowances must be made for a player’s lack of ability and build knowledge. I am sure <20km would be fine for some players. At a higher level of team game play 20km is not practical.

Incidentally, the “Coalition Squad Tactics” (Personal Ground Trait) doesn’t cover the whole map. Although not stated in the description, through testing it loses it’s benefit beyond 60m.

[img][/img]Ground-Trait.jpg
    edited June 2019
    scotty8863 wrote: »
    Certainly, allowances must be made for a player’s lack of ability and build knowledge. I am sure <20km would be fine for some players. At a higher level of team game play 20km is not practical.

This is ridiculous and insulting.

You started a discussion about changing the trait, something that a few of us don't think is necessary and because we dare disagree.. you start taking shots at our skill level?

You're the one that can't make the trait work, not us.

And for the record, I play in groups you could never even hope to join.. so you can take your condescending attitude and shove it. Learn how to to fly your ship and 20km will be more then enough.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

You started a discussion about changing the trait, something that a few of us don't think is necessary and because we dare disagree.. you start taking shots at our skill level?

And for the record, I play in groups you could never even hope to join.. so you can take your condescending attitude and shove it. Learn how to to fly your ship and 20km will be more then enough.

Well, i had not had noticed his insulting comment until you quoted it Sea. I dont know what to say.

Lack of ability and build knowledge OP? Heh, I am not even going to respond to that side of it, cause not only do I know you are wrong, I seriously cannot believe you even dare state what you know about the high end level of team play on the elite level.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    foxman00 wrote: »

Well, i had not had noticed his insulting comment until you quoted it Sea. I dont know what to say.

Lack of ability and build knowledge OP? Heh, I am not even going to respond to that side of it, cause not only do I know you are wrong, I seriously cannot believe you even dare state what you know about the high end level of team play on the elite level.

I shouldn't take the bait.. he's obviously trolling at this point.

Oh well.. too late! :lol:
    Ahh! Got you seaofsorrows. You took the bait. Hopefully, others will show me some support and understanding.
    edited June 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
This discussion has been closed.