test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Option to switch PVP on/off in war zones.

13»

Comments

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I could care less about gankers as I won't go in there.

It's simple. You don't want to get ganked, don't go into Kerrat.

Best advice anyone can give you regarding Kerrat. Going into Ker'rat not prepared is a recipe for disaster. Additionally going into there trying to farm borg without being prepared to defend yourself.

Signed, Feddie Ker'rat Cruiser flyer veteran & Rommie Klingon Aligned Mogai Flyer.

P.S. I dont gank at the spawn zone. I have a 12km exclusion zone i hold myself too for both the spawn zones when i am on my respective toons.

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I have another friend who does that. He has great fun outlasting them and finally killing them, which makes them sull up and complain. lol
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ccc#9312 ccc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    How about making PVP optional in warzones.
    Not optional as in "you can choose to enter the warzone or not", but with a nice big fat button with which your PVP availability in warzones can be switched off or on.

Standard PVP would be switched off. That option would go a long way to remove the toxicity, ganging up and spawn camping from the war zones.

The last open space for pvp and you want to take that away?
    Because you want to make farming 'easier' for yourself?

Yeah... No.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    3.5 months and @ccc#9312 decides that he needs to launch an unprovoked and most of all uninformed attack.
    If you insist on labeling me as a complainer then you should take an actual look at my posting history and practice some reading comprehension in the process.

As for @equinox976, the proposal is not to take away PVP all together (although it adds little to nothing to the game at this point) but to make it optional in the warzones.

By making it optional you get people motivated for PVP which in turn should make things more interesting for those who PVP.
    Unless off course i have completely misjudged the PVP community and it solely exists of those looking for ganging up/easy kills.

Another advantage from making PVP optional in the warzones is that you can have actual spectators and use RL battles to train people.

I would not be opposed to a significant increase in warzone rewards for those who have PVP enabled.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Making PvP optional in a PvP map is like making Borg optional in a Borg TFO. It's as simple as that.
    [System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Necroing a thread to troll and harass other people? Enjoy your warning. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.