test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

wastelands missions

philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
the numibus 3 missions, for fed character what arc do they under?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The name of the arc in the Available tab should be Secrets of Nimbus or something like that.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Right. Secrets of Nimbus. Quest giver varies by faction.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    I wish they'd just fold these missions back into the regular storyline. These threads are probably going to continue otherwise. :unamused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Name of the arc in Available tab is Wasteland, and it can be done immediately after the Tutorial, or after skipping said Tutorial. The old Featured Episode series episodes are the ones that unlock at 65. That name is for replays, though. Franklin Drake or K'men will give you Secrets of Nimbus as a handoff to go there from farther down in the Available tab.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And, I believe, once you start the first Mission in these pseudo-Arcs you need to play them in order. There is no skipping availible the first time through on them for a Character. If you played them before, then you can replay them as you wish.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I wish they'd just fold these missions back into the regular storyline. These threads are probably going to continue otherwise. :unamused:

So much this. Although some missions were sandwiched in in places that made no sense as far as a smooth flow of the story line went, the old story line was still infinite;y better than the current system.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    The only thing about the new system that I don't like is the locking of the old FE series missions to after 65. Special equipment form those is generally useless by that point, and it disrupts the story progression. the way that they had it initially, where you could choose to do those missions after finishing the Klingon War arc (at least on Fed characters) was perfect. You could do them or not do them as you saw fit, and if you chose to do them, you could still use the gear from them, and they wouldn't break the storyline.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah the Dominion FE series was fully a part of the main story of the game.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah the Dominion FE series was fully a part of the main story of the game.

The Breen arc is integral to the Iconian War story, and should definitely be available to play before Blood of Ancients. Spectres is not really tied to anything, but it at least should fit in before the end of the Solanae arc, since the Federation and the Empire are still at war in the opening mission.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    I'd say "understanding why blowing up the archives" is a big deal would be helped by the Breen arc, and until said piece of dialogue exists it's a bit shaky.

Didn't you need to get the "Galaxy at Large" mission before being able to start Nimbus though? Granted, it's just a hop to Quinn, but still ...
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    anodynes wrote: »
    The Breen arc is integral to the Iconian War story
    Not really.

The Preserver archive shows up for all of about 5 minutes in the second Iconian War mission, and then promptly gets blown up and never mentioned again.

Your personal discovery of it in the Breen is largely a non-factor within the Iconian War mission itself, and is easily explained away with a short "the Alliance found this some time ago while you were off doing X" line of dialog. IIRC, they use a similar such excuse if you play the Iconian War missions before doing the Breen arc.

The only removed arc that really matters to the story is the 2800 arc, because the Female Changeling, Loriss, Weyoun, and all that actually play a large role in the ViL expansion

Yes, really. It's a major plot point, and the reason that the Iconians choose to show themselves in force right at that time. I'll see if the handwave of an explanation that you mention is there shortly on my character that's playing the storyline missions backwards.

I can tell you that literally nothing changes about the VIL story without having played the 2800 except that Weyoun doesn't mention having met you before. That's it. No mention of the Founder's imprisonment or release either way, and nothing else that even calls back to the 2800 in the slightest. The 2800 really only matters for the conference at the beginning, which is referenced in the "Previously on Star Trek Online..." cutscenes during the Solanae arc.
    xyquarze wrote: »
    I'd say "understanding why blowing up the archives" is a big deal would be helped by the Breen arc, and until said piece of dialogue exists it's a bit shaky.

Didn't you need to get the "Galaxy at Large" mission before being able to start Nimbus though? Granted, it's just a hop to Quinn, but still ...

Not for that arc, no. (Edit: I checked this again, and you do have to have Galaxy at Large available, but you don't actually have to take it. You have to either do the tutorial or skip it and do the missions that give you the things that you would have gotten, and do Welcome to Earth Spacedock, since you can't skip that, then you can skip everything up through Galaxy at Large, then Franklin Drake shows up in the Available tab with Secrets of Nimbus.) I recently made a character to test that and some other issue that someone was having on Nimbus, and was able to go there and pick up the starter mission at level 3.
    Post edited by anodynes on
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »
    Yes, really. It's a major plot point, and the reason that the Iconians choose to show themselves in force right at that time.
    Except it ltierally isn't or else they would have shown themselves when we found it, not months later.

The Iconians showed themselves when they did because Sela and the player had boarded their personal Dyson Sphere, and discovered its true location, meaning the Iconian's hiding game was over.

Destroying the archive was the very reason for their whole offensive in that mission. That is all. You can try to explain it away in whatever way that you like, but it will continue to be an excuse made of wet tissue paper. It wasn't the reason for the whole war, of course, but it definitely was the reason for the opening salvo being where it was, and for it being the opening salvo in the first place. Take out the biggest potential threat right out of the gate. (Heh, gate.)

Even using the New Romulus gateway leads us to believe that they couldn't just show up and destroy the archive at a whim. They either needed a physical gateway relatively close by to get to the archive, or they needed information about where it was because they didn't already know. Despite Hakeev's claims, they don't know everything, and they obviously weren't observing the player character very closely, because they didn't recognize The Other until it was far too late.
This discussion has been closed.