test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback on Impossibility of Reason

13»

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    My biggest issue with these new episodes is that my Captain is just a 'tag along'.

The story isn't about him/her anymore, it's all about the Discovery characters.

Now I understand these are holodeck recreations, but even so, I felt I could have just read the ops report and gotten more character growth for MY character. Because isn't that what this game is about? (Not watching NPCs do a bunch of stuff?)

I actually don't mind that, at least from time to time. It reminds me that I'm not the only Starfleet officer out there who is capable of DOING anything. Lets me feel more IN the setting, if you see what I mean.

In a lot of ways, outside of doing storyline with another person WHEN ALLOWED, STO is like Star Trek's version of The Matrix. You are THE ONE, there is NO ONE ELSE. :p It's the nature of storytelling for a single person playing a game as the player.​​
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    It reminded me of the TOS episode, Balance of Terror, which I think starts off with a wedding. So while the inevitable was obvious, it did keep me guessing as to when and how it would happen.