test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For Tier 6 ship at any level, does it work to skip the tutorial?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
Let me explain:
I just created a new Romulan toon. After creation, I chose the option to skip the tutorial. I just aligned him with the Federation, and he's currently level 12. I wanted to try the Tebok Miracle Worker Warbird (I have never purchased it). The system tells me I don't meet requirements and won't allow the purchase. However, the Gagarin, Shran, and Buran are available to purchase.
Now, I had previously bought the Gagarin and Shran when they were released, but have NOT purchased the Buran. So two purchased and one non-purchased Fed ships are available, but not my own faction ships, purchased or not.
It seems like there are some inconsistencies here.

Is it because I skipped the tutorial? If so, why are the Fed ships available?
Am I a cotton-headed ninny muggins and system-wide Tier 6 at any level is not supposed to be available yet?
Or is this a bug?
What am I missing? :(
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It won't be available until Rise of Discovery launches next week.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    It won't be available until Rise of Discovery launches next week.

Ok, thank you. I even checked the blog and couldn't find a specific date for it, and the fact that the Buran is available for purchase is confusing.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The blog doesn't give the date, or even say that it's coming with Rise of Discovery, but the roadmap had it listed in May under Rise of Discovery, and it showed up on Tribble as part of the Rise of Discovery build, so it's a bit of deductive assumption (heh) on my part.

Edit: Oh, and there's a tweet that confirms it for the 14th, too, upon further investigation.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
This discussion has been closed.