test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DEVS: Whats the use of a Personal Endeavor REROLL if it's NERFED and limited in swapping missions

So there might have been a patch that limited the use of a re-roll token for personal endeavors. WHY are we always coming up with ways to spoil fun in this MMO? For whatever you hold dear why do we have to NERF Reroll tokens now?

It used to be that you can use them as many times as you want them, Now I can use it only 3 times per personal endeavor? If one works hard to get these whats the use if one can't use them? It's like going to an store but only told your money is not good here and you can only use it 3 times. Did I miss a patch note or something. Perhaps this is another one they say.... "the players requested for it"? Well NOT me and really hope it is a glitch to be fixed soon.​​

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,705 Community Moderator
    Actually, your analogy isn't quite accurate. It's more like, you can only use X number of coupons for this transaction. And that's totally legit in most businesses. Your money (time) is always welcome, but no business is required to give away the farm just get you to shop there. As Personal Endeavors have never been a requirement, I wouldn't stress too much about it. They reset themselves after a time anyway.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,600 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    "What's the use of a ..."

You can use it 3 times a day. That's the use.

Relax a bit, skipping one day's endeavor won't hurt you. Skipping 100 endeavors won't hurt you.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I have also had the problem of the token not working to reroll an endeavor. Thankfully I didn't lose the token when that happens and after a bunch of clicks and it not working I just did the endeavor. I hope it will reroll in the future as doing that endeavor sucked.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    If it was deliberate change, then the Edit Monster must have eaten the statement in the Patch Notes. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,667 Arc User
    I'm with the "it's probably bugged" crowd. Couple of days ago it wouldn't let me Re-Roll one as my very first Re-Roll of the day...

Was it Lukari TFOs (Advanced)? That's the one it wouldn't let me Re-Roll.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Mine wouldn't let me reroll Iconian TFOs (3)

Nor the blue quality one, but it did reroll the green quality endeavor, though I wouldn't have minded doing that one, I just wanted to see if one of them would reroll.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • unscjon117#6939 unscjon117 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Endeavor rerolls should be like the 1x use Phoenix ships for Admiralty; collect as many as you want, use as many as you want - once you use 'em all, they're gone until you collect more. Especially since an Endeavor reroll doesn't give you any additional rewards, just changes the task needed to be performed in order to obtain a reward. And since the devs control the task list, rerolling any given Endeavor to replace it with another from the same list should be considered acceptable - regardless of how many reroll tokens you use in the process.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,705 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.