test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm confused about this whole Tier 6 from Tier 1 ship thing...

2»

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    xyquarze wrote: »
    the recent "no XP for kills" events/missions have put a serious dent in my normal mastery progress. Since BMR claimed that is not intentional and I am not really finding the time to do much right now, that may be resolved once I start doing stuff again.

Yeah, that's been frustrating for my Discovery captain who's trying to combine completing events with getting ship masteries.

Do event daily > notice ship mastery points are unchanged > feel a bit annoyed.

I've gotten ship mastery XP every day so far with the new event so it's definitely not "by design."

I wasn't tracking it carefully enough to be sure, but I think in the prior event I might have gotten XP but not had it show up until the next time I logged in. That happens with Fleet dil contributions sometimes too: I get fleet credits, but the dil level for a project is unchanged.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They recently made a change to 'Peril over Pahvo' to fix that and it started awarding after that. They indicated that all TFOs should be awarding and if people found ones that didn't, report them.

It would seem that they made sure Riposte did before it went out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Now, wouldn't it be neat if you could select your T6 ship in the character creation menu, even buy one from there if you wanted to, and have it show up in all the cutscenes of the tutorial right away? :)

The problem with this is that, Elisa Flores' spoken dialogue specifically refers to the Miranda class ship. It would be impossible to have the actress reference EVERY current/future ship just for that one scene, otherwise the scene itself would need to be redone without dialogue. But logically, what are the chances a bunch of academy graduates are going to take their first training cruise in an Odyssey? :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    BMR has a point.

I don't mind doing the tutorial in the Miranda. I like it and keep it in a dry dock slot when I need room in the ship roster.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Welcome, class of 2421, here's your first assignment: you will fly the Vonph
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    You can keep the Vonph, uncle Odo prepared JemHadar Vanguard Carrier with full console set for me :p
    … actually I wonder how would it perform on Klingon War episodes with low-level enemies?
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    If they made all ships levelless at some point, I guess that makes life easier for the Devs in the future?
    They'd have a blueprint of how to do it and just format all new ships to that.
    And it'd stop all the "I want my max tier ______ ship!" threads. :D
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Not entirely, we're getting command of a ship (explained/handwaved by "not enough people and you've proven yourself able") and a promotion, but not to the rank of captain.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Well if you've done the tutorial many times before then just skip it.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I enjoy doing the tutorial and flying that little Miranda in it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    You cannot change the ship until after the tutorial, so...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tigeria#8677 tigeria Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I like the idea of the new scaling T6 ships, buut.. it also means that any reason to get the T1 - T5 ships... vanishes.. Why would any (xcept the few whom of different reason has theyre heart set on a lower T ship, or do so of a Theme/RP reason) - go the "regular" route... T1 -> T2.. etc.. it means setting up new ship every 10 lvls, when u can just get ure T6, from scratch, and additionaly.. also gets Mastery... something u wont get, flying ure.. say.. T1 B'Rel still at lvl 65.. imo, all ships should be lvling, which - granted - will require work from Cryptic, (and prolly mean most "refit ships" no longer make sense) but would kill all discusions and requirement for refit model's... i for one would love fly into a Adv TFO in a B'Rel - say Gravity Kills, and not instantly die, when a BS decided i were in its way.. it would also mean that perhaps cryptic could start putting more work into ship-specific interior's, as - as such - there would be way more useble ship for any player, regardless of lvl, since ure (now T1/2 etc) ship, would also be used at higher/top lvl's.. instead of having to be replaced as it no longer are enough...
    - Tiger
  • Options
    Well, once all T6 ships become full scalable, the only purpose of T1÷T5 ships will be their special gear, like the quad cannons, or the consoles. Other than that - and some roleplay - there will be no need for the lower tier ships.
    ... oh and of course the admirality cards.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Once all T6 are scaling, the purposes of T1 - T5 become:

- Consoles, gear, skin unlocks
    - Admiralty cards
    - Free ships for players who aren't willing to buy a T6 ship
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Not even this one - after all, with the 100% discount coupon, we will have easy ways to get alltoogether 4 free T6 ships this year

Post edited by saber1973a on
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    You can keep the Vonph, uncle Odo prepared JemHadar Vanguard Carrier with full console set for me :p
    … actually I wonder how would it perform on Klingon War episodes with low-level enemies?

Well, let's look at some raw stats for it, based on what we know about the scaling:

Level 1-10 Hull: 12,750
    Forward Weapon Slots: 2
    Aft Weapon Slots: 2
    Tactical Consoles: 2
    Engineering Consoles: 0
    Science Consoles: 3

Just going by what we see above, this looks like a fairly powerful ship by itself. However, as a carrier, it has the ability to launch fighters or gunboat frigates. With its console, it can launch an auxiliary craft. And, as a Vanguard ship, it comes with the Jem'hadar WIngmen. I think in short, enemies will melt.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »

Not even this one - after all, with the 100% discount coupon, we will have easy ways to get alltoogether 4 free T6 ships this year

Well, there is the theory that maybe Star Trek Online also gets new players occasionally, that weren't around for fancy voucher options or Event ships and have to start from zero.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
This discussion has been closed.