test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buffing vector / saucer / chevron pets

I know there are a few space traits / starship traits etc to boost hangar pets, but are there any that boost saucer / multi-vector / chevron pet survivability?

In particular the multi-vector pets are rather fragile. Seem to be able to heal one if I click on it and use Hazard Emitters or Engineering Team but is there a way to make them tougher or heal them automatically without having to keep selecting them? Any trait or BOFF ability would do.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    The only trait I can think of that specifically mentions separation pets is the Hestia trait, but that dosn't buff their defense.

You could use traits that heal allies though. Those used to work on separation pets, photonic fleet and hanger pets, and should still do so unless I have missed a patch note.

The Dauntless Experimental Class Science vessel trait heals all allies within 3km of you when use hull healing, that works on pets.

The Science Command Battlecruiser - Geneva Class trait heals the shields of all allies near your target when you use tachyon beam, which is a fairly short cool-down ability, so another possible pet healer.

The truth is though, that for the most part, pets are gimmicks. They are for having fun running normal content. Your better off using your trait slots on other things if your goal is to get the most bang for your buck. So by all means build for your pets if that's fun for you, but don't expect much return for your investment.
  • Options
    smearcampaign#2565 smearcampaign Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thanks @pwstolemyname - good and compressive advice.

I’ve figured out how to add health indicators to the other vectors so at least I can see when they’re taking a pounding instead of only realising when they’re dead.

I’m going to look into those traits anyway though as they’d be useful for team OPs.

I think I’ve decided that the most useful thing with the multi vector ship isn’t the multi vector but the plasma console. It sets any nearby ship, mine, targetable torpedo, boarding party, device etc on fire and keeps it burning for 15 secs or so if you (or another vector) is in range. Extremely useful when you have swarms of smaller ships around you that’d take time to pick off individually.