Options

(Borg) Red Alerts and its reward

2»

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    35 in 2 runs beats the old way and it can be finished in 6 minutes.
    No, it doesn't. It takes 100% more time for only 8% more reward.

EDIT: Or if you include the dil ore, 47% more reward. Still less.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Sorry, but 3 minutes is too short. Around 5 would be closer to the mark
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Sorry, but 3 minutes is too short. Around 5 would be closer to the mark

For the forum population which can be considered well informed and probably performing above average i would say 5-7 minutes. Tested some runs today and noticed multiple runs where people still got killed by the mobs.

So 10 minutes per Red Alert is a safe assumption. Add that the Red Alerts usually take a few minutes (1-3) to pop and it's about 4 RA per hour for the average player on STO.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    majorprankstermajorprankster Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Wow. Some of you sound like you are working a production line for investors.
    Does not sound relaxing to me to focus on rewards per minute, sounds like work.
    Then sniping each other over minute details?
    Fun is definately subjective.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Not at all, old system you could run 1 RA per 30 minutes, no exceptions. New system you can spam them back to back to no end, the only real limit is your build, and any decent build is capable of soloing the RA.
    Which brings us back to: Only for people who want to spam them back to back (on the same character).
This discussion has been closed.