test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Key binds

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
So I'm setting up the key binds for 1 alt as they've mysteriously changed, and for Run I can't avoid the "ctrl+" in front of my selection. How do I get rid of this seemingly mandatory "ctrl+" irritant?

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    The default keys for 'Run' is the Shift + R key with R being the default key for auto move forward. If this got changed you can press ESC then Options then go to the keybinds tab to change it back to default. In this menu you can arrange things how you want, assign secondary binds, clear certain ground ability boxes altogether, or even add some mouse buttons to use with key abilities and heals.

There may be the odd time where a toon will lose it's default binds for some reason during a mission or TFO if you briefly switch to shooter mode from RPG (B button) then back and you find yourself having to click manually on things. Not sure if this is what you're experiencing. I find it may help to go through your toon in both modes while on the ground and ensure that binds are the same for both via the RPG and shooter mode drop down options at the top of the keybind tab.

Hope this addresses your question.

Another default that I find handy is X for aim giving +30 ranged damage and a nice way to move slower in combination with auto move forward especially if you select 'use aim mode as toggle' and disable 'use zoom while aiming' in the nearby controls tab.

RPG mode is the one to be using 99.9% of the time just as a heads up for others :smile: